Sat 20th May: CC6: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 19:30 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/23 at 19:00

42-34, 5 mins left.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Brilliant break from Pryce.

Yates hat trick.

42-40.

Jeez, game over at last!

Reds 42 Hudds 40.

• Like 1

That was a bit mad. The sleeping giants have at least one eye open.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 tries scored 7 by each team and 82 points in total in a SL standard game should be unacceptable and considering by one team who struggles to get the ball over the tryline, each coach will have a lot of defensive frailties to work on this coming week.

The only good factor for Watson, is that his team didn't capitulate at 24 - 0 had they done so I expect he would have been going to the job centre on Monday morning.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

14 tries scored 7 by each team and 82 points in total in a SL standard game should be unacceptable and considering by one team who struggles to get the ball over the tryline, each coach will have a lot of defensive frailties to work on this coming week.

The only good factor for Watson, is that his team didn't capitulate at 24 - 0 had they done so I expect he would have been going to the job centre on Monday morning.

Didn't watch the game , at 12-0 and then 18-0 the wife told me the score , I replied " means nothing , Salford have a habit of falling asleep , games not over yet " 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Didn't watch the game , at 12-0 and then 18-0 the wife told me the score , I replied " means nothing , Salford have a habit of falling asleep , games not over yet " 

Starbug - Not like you to be so condescending.    Don`t remember them falling asleep at the LS Village TWICE this season.

Personally I would like to thank the Referee - Marcus Griffiths who kept the game flowing.  An Epic indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Possible Yard dog but better to re park at the Stadium.

Thanks. 

Ended up eating at the Trafford Centre and then driving towards the ground and and parked at the Barley Farm pub opposite. Not sure if it is allowed (might have some sort of parking restrictions on for Super League games?) but no problems yesterday and very handy being just a couple of minutes walk from the ground. 

Beautiful evening weather wise and a very open (ha ha) and entertaining game with a good atmosphere created by the Salford fans in the East Stand where we sat.

• Like 1

On 20/05/2023 at 13:43, meast said:

We don't like to mention our team where Salford fans are concerned, we were apparently boring and strangling when we thoroughly outplayed and outclassed them when we beat them earlier.

I actually don't know which way this could go, our form and performances have been terrible the last few weeks.

Leave it out Measty. It was only me who found Giants' collective professional methodical play as such. Maybe cos my brain had perhaps been overstimulated by mad, bad  Rowley ball. Sort of getting used to the scatty pixie dream girls/bad boys and then waking up married to the wholesome girl/boy next door. 

So I'll reflect on Huddersfield first.

I think yesterday showed that offensively, creatively and in terms of resilience, they seem competitive again. Yates and Hill are power houses. Fages, Connor and Pryce are quality. They'd be ill-advised to replace Watson, whose own business like manner is personified in the team..

Have faith.

As for SRD. Interjections aplenty.

Ugh, ah, oh, uck, feck, ugh............

I did not wholly enjoy that. (I might when I watch on the highlights today though.)

Being a Salford, the ingrained thought is defeat is always round the corner, even if you are 20 points ahead with ten minutes to go.

This may have deeply re-enforced this.

Miaow, ugh, ah, boom, wham, crunch!

Onomatopoeia fest.

For every sparkling try there was a shambolic one conceded. So I don't know to make of that. I spend the majority from 20 minutes on expecting an empathetic collapse, addled with half a dozen cropped wounded.

But they just carried on. Some day that team will get battered or batter some. FC is next erm.

Sort of now expecting a trophy or relegation. Just extremes for the People' Club..

Got faith.

Let's us have London away............

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, DG70 said:

Salfords problem was complacency, Huddersfield's  problem now is making a decision about the coach.

A coach who was given 5 years to build a complete off the field structure, and is halfway through, already with a cup final appearance in the bag.

Still plenty of time to turn things around, Can't see Watson going anywhere and Ken having to pay off another coach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Leave it out Measty. It was only me who found Giants' collective professional methodical play as such. Maybe cos my brain had perhaps been overstimulated by mad, bad  Rowley ball. Sort of getting used to the scatty pixie dream girls/bad boys and then waking up married to the wholesome girl/boy next door. 

So I'll reflect on Huddersfield first.

I think yesterday showed that offensively, creatively and in terms of resilience, they seem competitive again. Yates and Hill are power houses. Fages, Connor and Pryce are quality. They'd be ill-advised to replace Watson, whose own business like manner is personified in the team..

Have faith.

As for SRD. Interjections aplenty.

Ugh, ah, oh, uck, feck, ugh............

I did not wholly enjoy that. (I might when I watch on the highlights today though.)

Being a Salford, the ingrained thought is defeat is always round the corner, even if you are 20 points ahead with ten minutes to go.

This may have deeply re-enforced this.

Miaow, ugh, ah, boom, wham, crunch!

Onomatopoeia fest.

For every sparkling try there was a shambolic one conceded. So I don't know to make of that. I spend the majority from 20 minutes on expecting an empathetic collapse, addled with half a dozen cropped wounded.

But they just carried on. Some day that team will get battered or batter some. FC is next erm.

Sort of now expecting a trophy or relegation. Just extremes for the People' Club..

Got faith.

Let's us have London away............

As I put Haggis , that's Salford under Rowleyball , but according to Segovia I'm condescending 😉 

• Like 1