Sat 20th May: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/05/23 at 14:00

Just now, Tippytoe said:

He could be frighteningly good he didn't sound like a Wigan lad where is he from?

Wigan.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

just watched the game recorded after working all day - please bring back position numbers!!!!!!! with the modern crop of players been so bland , characterless and generic its hard to work out who is supposed to be playing where- and have been watching the game for 45 years

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Leeds led by 3 old journeymen with a load of bland kids deserve nothing - wheres your modern craig innes or even carl gibson? the kid who cant pass wants sacking- olpherts looks like hes won a fans competition to play in SL the token women commentator stating the obvious adds eff all 

Edited by graveyard johnny
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Leeds led by 3 old journeymen with a load of bland kids deserve nothing - wheres your modern craig innes or even carl gibson? the kid who cant pass wants sacking

297.png

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Leeds led by 3 old journeymen with a load of bland kids deserve nothing - wheres your modern craig innes or even carl gibson? the kid who cant pass wants sacking- olpherts looks like hes won a fans competition to play in SL the token women commentator stating the obvious adds eff all 

I'd take Gibson on crutches before Newman not remotely on the same level in any facet of ability. 

5 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

I'd take Gibson on crutches before Newman not remotely on the same level in any facet of ability. 

plus Gibson would have been playing against some of the best centres the world has ever seen - at that time

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

You'll have to excuse me im from Yorkshire it must be the Billinge Hill twang that caught me out.

Both his parents emigrated from Cameroon.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

That's not the reason Newman didn't pass though...

No I know that wasn’t the reason. The reason being his poor game awareness and lack of ability to think clearly under pressure

4 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

More good comments from Peacock at the end too.

'There a trait around Harry to do whatever Harry wants to do, and if he wants to develop as an international player its something he needs to work on'

(paraphrase)

There were rumours from well connected people in the game that even if he’d been fit he wouldn’t have been in the England squad at the World Cup. Not Wane’s kind of person, everything has to be about him (I believe his dad has been a big influence on that) and was seen as a potential toxic influence in the camp.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Or greed.

Greedy players accumulate tries, but may have not used a simpler opportunity for the team to score.

Stupid players try to score, balls up and fail to take the opportunity for the team to score.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

20 minutes ago, Padge said:

Greedy players accumulate tries, but may have not used a simpler opportunity for the team to score.

Stupid players try to score, balls up and fail to take the opportunity for the team to score.

Yes Wigans best player today was Harry "it's all about me" Newman.

7 hours ago, Damien said:

Peacock with a damning analysis of Newmans attitude. He's not wrong either.

I am neither a Leeds or Wigan supporter. Said it before and will say it again re Newman. In his world it is all about him. If JP calls you out then it is perhaps time to take note and listen. Not sure Harry and his dad will though has they know best! Thought Rohan was very good and diplomatic during post match interview. Inside he must have been fuming.

• Like 4

"A PASS BEATS A MAN EVERYTIME" I coached at junior level up to U17 and this was a phrase and tactic I implanted into the player's, in a two on one situation with a support player with just one defender to beat always without exception pass the ball, OK with bad execution of the pass or a knock on some tries were missed, but it was good practice to instill into juniors, no excuses can condone Harry's action and thought process not once but twice in the same game.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

"A PASS BEATS A MAN EVERYTIME" I coached at junior level up to U17 and this was a phrase and tactic I implanted into the player's, in a two on one situation with a support player with just one defender to beat always without exception pass the ball, OK with bad execution of the pass or a knock on some tries were missed, but it was good practice to instill into juniors, no excuses can condone Harry's action and thought process not once but twice in the same game.

I'd guess it was a ' double bluff ' for the second one , in Newman's mind having nearly messed up in the first half will be thinking " French is expecting me to pass because he knows I've had a bolloking " , French is thinking " he's expecting me to go for the pass " , as a pundit pointed out French does a little ' nod ' to the right with his head as if to dummy going for the pass 

Gutted really as I'd have preferred Wigan out 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

I'd guess it was a ' double bluff ' for the second one , in Newman's mind having nearly messed up in the first half will be thinking " French is expecting me to pass because he knows I've had a bolloking " , French is thinking " he's expecting me to go for the pass " , as a pundit pointed out French does a little ' nod ' to the right with his head as if to dummy going for the pass 

As I said Gubby in a two on one there is no excuse whatsoever for not passing the ball, it shouldn't be about thinking this or that the ball should be passed, I bet Newman couldn't sleep last night knowing how he F@*&ed up.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

As I said Gubby in a two on one there is no excuse whatsoever for not passing the ball, it shouldn't be about thinking this or that the ball should be passed, I bet Newman couldn't sleep last night knowing how he F@*&ed up.

Oh , I agree Harry , but Newman's decision on the first one just messed up his head , it's like players taking 2 penalties in a footy match , do you put it in the same place second time round ? , All mind games , and French won 

15 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Totally agree. French conned him and then nailed him.

Also have to admire the  clearance work from the Wigan threequarters throughout the game. They made massive yards and helped out their forwards. Probably the difference between the sides yesterday.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, del capo said:

Totally agree. French conned him and then nailed him

French should never ever have had the opportunity to con him, it was Harry who had the ascendancy at that particular moment and was his decision alone not to pass that presented Bevan with the opportunity to effect a match winning tackle. 

Harry really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a massive brain fart.

Edited by Harry Stottle

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

French should never ever have had the opportunity to con him, it was Harry who had the ascendancy at that particular moment and was his decision alone not to pass that presented Bevan with the opportunity to effect a match winning tackle. 

Harry really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a massive brain fart.

He should have passed absolutely no doubt, there’s a lot of people going way over the top about it though (especially on twitter) Lad made a mistake, hopefully he’ll learn from it because wether people like him or not he is a talented player and we need more talented homegrown players.

• Like 2