Fri 19th May: CC6: Halifax Panthers v St Helens KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Halifax Panthers
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/05/23 at 19:15

Knowles at it again.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

30 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Getting sick of Knowles now. Bell should be our starting loose forward until he can learn to control himself.

He's a playground bully it's in his nature it will bite him on the a#%e it always does. 

1 hour ago, Chris22 said:

Can we start a separate match thread for whenever Saints play for crying about the referee and another for discussing the actual game?

Why narrow it down to just when Saints play? Every match thread is filled with Trump-esque "we were robbed" whinging these days.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really pleased with that game, thought we defended brilliantly which is reflected in the score considering the gulf in class between the two teams. I thought we had the chance to score a couple more but just that bit of panic on the final option, I also thought we didn't get our fair share of 50/50's but will reserve judgement till I watch the replay but Saints are so good at holding down especially in the first couple of tackles and are willing to give set restarts on those 2 tackles in exchange for getting their defense set. Its smart play and until the rule is changed they will push it to the very limit like they do.

Saints players classy after the game coming over and showing appreciation of the Fax crowd but Morgan Knowles what an idiot, Wellens must be absolutley fuming with him. Down side for us is likely losing Keyes for most of the rest of the season and Doro and Walmsley not looking too cracky either. Probably worth remembering that we produced that effort down to 16 men very early in the game and the back end of the 1st half made us think Saints would run away with it but I thought we got stuck in to them. Tough part now is backing up against Batley next week.

• Like 5

Saints admit that, on reflection, their choice of Gareth Hock as a one on one personal coach for Morgan Knowles might have been bad judgement.

• Haha 8
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Why narrow it down to just when Saints play? Every match thread is filled with Trump-esque "we were robbed" whinging these days.

Makinson was blubbering constantly in the ref's ear I really rate him as a player but he was plain embarrassing tonight. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Really pleased with that game, thought we defended brilliantly which is reflected in the score considering the gulf in class between the two teams. I thought we had the chance to score a couple more but just that bit of panic on the final option, I also thought we didn't get our fair share of 50/50's but will reserve judgement till I watch the replay but Saints are so good at holding down especially in the first couple of tackles and are willing to give set restarts on those 2 tackles in exchange for getting their defense set. Its smart play and until the rule is changed they will push it to the very limit like they do.

Saints players classy after the game coming over and showing appreciation of the Fax crowd but Morgan Knowles what an idiot, Wellens must be absolutley fuming with him. Down side for us is likely losing Keyes for most of the rest of the season and Doro and Walmsley not looking too cracky either. Probably worth remembering that we produced that effort down to 16 men very early in the game and the back end of the 1st half made us think Saints would run away with it but I thought we got stuck in to them. Tough part now is backing up against Batley next week.

Did the club and your fans proud tonight. Thoroughly enjoyable game. Well played ‘fax

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Seen SL sides not put in as much effort as that against Saints.Fax really did the Championship proud with their gallant display.How much closer would it have been on level terms with Fax getting an extra  £3+ million funding and gate revenue.

That was Halifax's choice, though.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Getting sick of Knowles now. Bell should be our starting loose forward until he can learn to control himself.

I recall posting on here just before the season started that IMO John Asiata would walk into any SL team at Loose , and was questioned " in front of Morgan Knowles ? " , It seems I was right 

And yes I agree , Bell is also probably a better option for Saints , again something I posted just prior to the 2022 season , use him right and he'll rip SL up 

• Like 1

Despite being a York fan, I went to the Shay  tonight I thought ‘Fax were great. Saints fans were good as well- nice that they all clapped the youngsters at half-time. The ref, though, was dire. Woodburn-Hall taken out in mid-air and…..nothing. I hate the ‘6 again’, it’s such an arbitrary judgement and he was totally inconsistent in its application. Saints were always going to win. They hardly needed a leg-up from the clown in green. Great night though. But sort out the bar!!!! I aged about 10 years waiting in that queue. 

• Like 2