MNDA Fundraising Cycle rides to Rugby League venues

I'm doing a series of cycle rides to various RL venues to raise funds for MNDA.

I cycled to Thatto Heath for the Challenge Cup

I've cycled to Rochdale Hornets for the League 1 game v North Wales Crusaders on 7th May from North Wales

On 21st May I'm cycling from North Wales to Birmingham for our game vs Midlands Hurricanes. The 'Canes social media is promoting the ride and there will be a MNDA buclet collection at the game.

On 23rd May I set of to ride to Cornwall RLFC for our game on 28th May. 

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook- look for #cru4mnda

If you like to donate sponsorship my just giving page is:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/mark-jones-1677698464492

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 18/05/2023 at 20:18, gogledd said:

I'm doing a series of cycle rides to various RL venues to raise funds for MNDA.

I cycled to Thatto Heath for the Challenge Cup

I've cycled to Rochdale Hornets for the League 1 game v North Wales Crusaders on 7th May from North Wales

On 21st May I'm cycling from North Wales to Birmingham for our game vs Midlands Hurricanes. The 'Canes social media is promoting the ride and there will be a MNDA buclet collection at the game.

On 23rd May I set of to ride to Cornwall RLFC for our game on 28th May. 

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook- look for #cru4mnda

If you like to donate sponsorship my just giving page is:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/mark-jones-1677698464492

That's brilliant.

Hope the weather is on your side and you've stocked up on the chamois cream.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Fantastic support for my fundraising from Midlands Hurricanes and the Birmingham and Solihull MNDA voluteers at the Alexander Arena yesterday. I haven't had the ammount raised by the bucket collection yet but my Just Giving page increased by £260 and I was also given £36.20 in cash. I'll post the full ammount once its finalised.

I start heading to Cornwall on Tuesday. Keep following this thread!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gogledd said:

Fantastic support for my fundraising from Midlands Hurricanes and the Birmingham and Solihull MNDA voluteers at the Alexander Arena yesterday. I haven't had the ammount raised by the bucket collection yet but my Just Giving page increased by £260 and I was also given £36.20 in cash. I'll post the full ammount once its finalised.

I start heading to Cornwall on Tuesday. Keep following this thread!

EDIT: £150.00 collected in the MNDA buckets - again thanks to all the supporters who donated.

• Like 2

Hi All

Just returned from Cornwall RLFC so heres the #cru4mnda update

Vital Statistics: in the last 5 days I've cycled 582.3km and ascended 6874 meters - that's as near as climbing Aconcagua in Argentina, the hugest mountain in the southern hemisphere! Average speed 18.2km/H
Powys/Shropshire has some big hills in the middle
Between Hay-on-Wye and Capel-y-Ffin is the black mountain. Someone stuck a 14% climb out of Usk
Devon is very hilly
Cornwall is very, very hilly!
I've received nothing but support from the Rugby League community. Its absolutely brilliant.....

That got to be worth a couple of quid for MNDA!

My #cru4mnda fundraising is currently sitting at £2221 (plus the £150 raised at Midlands Hurricanes).

I'll keep it open for a week or so more if anyone still would like to donate!

2 hours ago, gogledd said:

Well done. Outstanding effort and great to see the recognition in the local media.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.