Fax summer bash

Dog forever

9 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Joe keyes broke his arm on Friday,  can't see nyle flynn being fit for us and josh Woods may be a doubt  

Thanks. Woods looked similar to when he limped off at Sheffield and then missed the next few games. Let's hope it doesn't go down to drop goal territory!

I wasn't at the match I think friday night answered a few questions as early in the season the coach said the needed to find where they are, well they got the answer no way near Super League or top of the Championship. Sorry to say it.

12 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I wasn't at the match I think friday night answered a few questions as early in the season the coach said the needed to find where they are, well they got the answer no way near Super League or top of the Championship. Sorry to say it.

I think what Friday evening showed was that we are nowhere near the top of SL. It had no bearing on our place in the Championship at all.

• Like 4

Agree DD, but now the questions about our squad size will arise. IF injuries turn out to be as bad as Craig alluded to in his aftermatch radio interview we're set for a struggle. Enter Cas lads?

19 hours ago, RogerT said:

What a bizarre thing to say. Looking at the Championship table I'd put us joint 3rd, 2 points off second spot. Do you have us 9th bottom?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RogerT said:

We are a top 6 championship club if we weren’t then I’m sure Craig’s time at the club is a failure 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we somehow won a close game on Sunday by 4-8 points 

I won’t be attending due to the venue and choosing to go elsewhere missing the first game of this season 

On 21/05/2023 at 12:08, RogerT said:

What Friday night showed us is that its not a level playing field (excuse the pun). When part time lads have to work all day then travel to play full time professionals - alot of whom have been or who are currently international RL players - with a late kick-off, to then get back home at 2 or 3 in the morning to then have to get up for work a couple hours later, bruised, battered and disappointed that they did not perform up to their usual high standards.

Did we really expect any other result? Hull KR have blown away SL teams this season and are currently in a rich vein of form. No arguments about the result and certainly no issues with the performance from the lads - they gave it everything. I think so far this season (and the last 2) we have shown and proved that we are top end Championship and can compete (and win) with the more fashionable and wealthier clubs. Be a naysayer and as sorry as you want. I personally have faith in the club, the staff and the players even if you do not.

• Like 4

I'm not a naysayer at all, I didn't go because I didn't want to see them getting shellacked.

I have supported them through thick and thin times yes even to Craven Park when we beat them in the cup.

What concerns me is the squad started off thin and getting thinner and after the bash they will probably be even less, and yes I am even thinking of going to Toulouse if I didn't like the club I wouldn't buy a season ticket, contribute to BISSA and also the War Chest and wouldn't also be doing the Player Appearances on here and for the club. 

So think what you want I will still be there.

Edited by RogerT
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, LINNERS said:

What a bizarre thing to say. Looking at the Championship table I'd put us joint 3rd, 2 points off second spot. Do you have us 9th bottom?

If you look again at the league table then we are 5th yes by an inferior points difference and at the end off the season that will be the deciding factor. 

Agree Rog, light on numbers, couple not even being considered then by all accounts a few more lost on Friday. Never filled the 1 and 2 shirts left empty with the suggestion that the club was looking, apparently not in the market to strengthen mid-term. I know we like to think that we're dangerous with backs to the wall but can we turn a team out to get to the wall? Bring some strength in!

On 21/05/2023 at 11:16, distantdog said:

Thanks. Woods looked similar to when he limped off at Sheffield and then missed the next few games. Let's hope it doesn't go down to drop goal territory!

Why look at George Flanagan when he drop kicked the goal for us to won at Fev that boiling hot day that got Batley to the final so anybody could take a go at doing one.

Edited by RogerT

16 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Why look at George Flanagan when he drop kicked the goal for us to won at Fev that boiling hot day that got Batley to the final so anybody could take a go at doing one.

I agree that Flanagan's DG was exceptional. But... if it came down to it, I would prefer Woods on recent DG taking form.

Hooley, White, Meadows, Morton (if in) all capable. That's how to catch the opposition out, keep options open. However by the sound of it we're struggling, Bash could really catch us. For a club like us to have played 3 massive games (again!!) on Monday, Saturday and Friday (12 days) was crazy scheduling and when we did it last season funnily enough who were there to pick the bones? No consideration for us by Hull KR but they and other SL clubs kick off about Easter double-headers!! We need numbers and I really did expect to have seen a couple of Cas fringe players turning up.

1 hour ago, phildog said:

played 3 massive games (again!!) on Monday, Saturday and Friday (12 days) 

If you think that's tough In 1977 FEV played 6 games in 15 days, had 4 days off then played 3 more games in 8 days.:kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin::kolobok_grin:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, POR said:

If you think that's tough In 1977 FEV played 6 games in 15 days, had 4 days off then played 3 more games in 8 

then walked home 43 mile through t'snow in bare feet,huddled inside clothes med out o'old sacks......😉😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

44 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

then walked home 43 mile through t'snow in bare feet,huddled inside clothes med out o'old sacks......😉😉

and then did 26hr shift down t' pit wi only dripping spread on a dead rat for tea

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, BullyXL said:

and then did 26hr shift down t' pit wi only dripping spread on a dead rat for tea

Never a truer word spoken in jest B in between the games I worked with 12 of them down t' pit OH HAPPY DAYS

Roberts Environmental - Coal Mining and Ground Instability – What to look  for and the steps to follow…

• Like 3

An ex father in law worked for CISWO and he always said if you saw new machinery going down a pit it was a sure sign it was going to close, I wonder how much gear is left down the pits.