Fax summer bash

Dog forever

Meadows on and White to acting half really sped the game up and decisively the last try, a quick ptb was needed and White pushed Reilly out the way to get a quick pass left, through some hands, for a nice finish from Meadows.

Edited by BullyXL

8 minutes ago, phildog said:

Humble pie; massive slice!! What an outstanding last hour! Halifax were victims of their first 20 minutes, usual 'we're great' attitude then got mastered for an hour.

Agree! Loads of grit and determination in this team. We just gradually wore them down and ended up dominating them. Not especially spectacular but effective. Some recovery from those HKR injuries by Flynn and Woods.

I'm currently in Halifax at the georgefest and loving every minute of it 😄😄😄😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Agree! Loads of grit and determination in this team. We just gradually wore them down and ended up dominating them. Not especially spectacular but effective. Some recovery from those HKR injuries by Flynn and Woods.

Exactly this. Batley only clean breaks come from a Fax offensive kick which took a bad bounce and a Fax offload late in the game yet Batley seem to know against us that we are capable of coming up with plenty of mistakes and indiscipline so if they stay in the game they are always in with a shout. Hoping we get the chance of a revenge game at Wembley fingers crossed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Exactly this. Batley only clean breaks come from a Fax offensive kick which took a bad bounce and a Fax offload late in the game yet Batley seem to know against us that we are capable of coming up with plenty of mistakes and indiscipline so if they stay in the game they are always in with a shout. Hoping we get the chance of a revenge game at Wembley fingers crossed.

Somehow think we'll meet in the semi!

2 hours ago, BullyXL said:

Somehow think we'll meet in the semi!

I have that feeling too either that or we avoid each other and both lose. On paper at least, it does have the potential to be a really good final, still keeping fingers crossed and theres no other team I would rather play given the chance at Wembley.

• Thanks 1

S

Slow start by our boys today thought a couple of the fax tries were soft by our standards, it was always essential with fax's start that we got points on the board by half time, ten minutes into the second half I Knew it was going to turn into a battle, and nobody battles harder than our boys, apart from a few half breaks fax never really bothered us second half and our scramble defence was fantastic, you could see the frustration in the fax players because they just couldn't break us down, another all round  great team performance by our boys! Would have been a perfect finish if lucas had gone the full length!!🥳 I guess he's just not used to seeing all that field in front of him 😂

Edited by The scrim reaper

I'm currently in Halifax at the georgefest and loving every minute of it 😄😄😄😄

• Like 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Another thing I enjoyed yesterday was the Bradford fans down the the bottom end next to our lot singing along with us, and cheering  batley on !! made for a great atmosphere, we may not have had the most fans there but we definitely sang the loudest! Well done to everyone there👍

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1