Dupree hands in Transfer request

7 hours ago, Nothus said:

There's no loyalty in sport, and a rugby league career is a short one. Tyler is just trying to get the best deal possible for himself, and the recent England call up will have increased his worth significantly.

There's no loyalty in sport, and a rugby league career is a short one. Tyler's agent is just trying to get the best deal possible for himself, and the recent England call up will have increased  Tyler's worth significantly.

5 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

There's a difference between spending, and profligate spending. Neil has never spent more than he wanted, or more than he could afford. He's never put the club at risk to do so, and he's always been focused on owning or improving our long-term assets alongside investment in the team as we build the club. 

All growth requires investment. That's all Hull KR have done. I think this will be the first season we've spent near the full cap, and still not using the marquee allowance. 

That's a long way from being "profligate", or buying success. The club has shown it had growth potential, and we still have headroom in terms of future revenue growth.

That's not entirely true. Hull KR regularly used all quota spots up, when it was back at an allowance of 8. They also paid lip service to junior/community development for a long period of time, including merging academies. The junior/community game is so weak in and around East Yorks/Humberside as a direct consequence. 

I congratulate recent developments but let's provide some balance

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

That's not entirely true. Hull KR regularly used all quota spots up, when it was back at an allowance of 8. They also paid lip service to junior/community development for a long period of time, including merging academies. The junior/community game is so weak in and around East Yorks/Humberside as a direct consequence. 

I congratulate recent developments but let's provide some balance

I'm fine with the balance, but that wasn't in any way related to my point.

Unlike other clubs reliant on owner funding Rovers didn't spend anywhere near up to the cap, for over 16 years in Super League, and whilst not spending near the cap still spent money on long term stuff. A new pitch, that cost over £500k, just to enable a style of play to even get promoted. An extension to the East Stand before the first season. A brand new North Stand to cope with rising demand when in Super League. More recently buying the freehold, and options for land around the ground.

You might well wish Neil had also put extra money up to spend on even more youth development, fine, but that's his choice to make with his money and in no way can anyone characterize Rovers as "buying success" given the reality of that mix of investment. This has been a very long term plan.

I'm sure we could have had a much stronger team many years earlier if we'd just spent all that money on players, as other low-mid-table sides chose to do. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'm fine with the balance, but that wasn't in any way related to my point.

Unlike other clubs reliant on owner funding Rovers didn't spend anywhere near up to the cap, for over 16 years in Super League, and whilst not spending near the cap still spent money on long term stuff. A new pitch, that cost over £500k, just to enable a style of play to even get promoted. An extension to the East Stand before the first season. A brand new North Stand to cope with rising demand when in Super League. More recently buying the freehold, and options for land around the ground.

You might well wish Neil had also put extra money up to spend on even more youth development, fine, but that's his choice to make with his money and in no way can anyone characterize Rovers as "buying success" given the reality of that mix of investment. This has been a very long term plan.

I'm sure we could have had a much stronger team many years earlier if we'd just spent all that money on players, as other low-mid-table sides chose to do. 

Again I disagree, Hull KR has a history of spending big on antipodeans, filling out their side with quota players and doing nothing for junior/youth development. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't spend near the cap over the years...............feel free to provide evidence to the contrary

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Again I disagree, Hull KR has a history of spending big on antipodeans, filling out their side with quota players and doing nothing for junior/youth development. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't spend near the cap over the years...............feel free to provide evidence to the contrary

Numerous statements by the owner, and Lakin saying recently that we would now be able to. I'm not going to dig them out for you, use google or don't believe me, no worries either way.

Overseas signings of the type Rovers have made until very recently are much cheaper than British talent. Michael Dobson hardly had an NRL career. Many others barely played first grade at all. They're a sign of a club run on a budget, so that ain't the gotcha you think it is. 

Judge the club for not developing talent, fine, but you can't use that as some evidence for Rovers "buying success". 

• Like 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

This is the kind of person we want at Salford, this is really pleasing, well done Chris:

https://www.totalrl.com/salford-red-devils-star-signs-new-super-league-deal/

Prima Donna Dupree, take your tutu off and get down to some hard work!

Edited by Pete Grady

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper

38 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Numerous statements by the owner, and Lakin saying recently that we would now be able to. I'm not going to dig them out for you, use google or don't believe me, no worries either way.

Overseas signings of the type Rovers have made until very recently are much cheaper than British talent. Michael Dobson hardly had an NRL career. Many others barely played first grade at all. They're a sign of a club run on a budget, so that ain't the gotcha you think it is. 

Judge the club for not developing talent, fine, but you can't use that as some evidence for Rovers "buying success". 

I don’t believe Hull KR have not been spending close or to the cap during the majority of years in SL. They have certainly tried to ‘buy success’ by prioritising big name signings over junior development. Willie Mason, SKD, Jake Webster, Dobson (who had excelled at Dragons and Wigan before his NRL stint prior to Hull KR), Vella, Clint Newton, Joel Clinton, Blake Green, Albert Kelly, Terry Campese, Kane Linnett, Mitch Allgood, Galea etc all would have been on big money

That this approach doesn’t work doesn’t mean it hasn’t been tried 

5 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I don’t believe Hull KR have not been spending close or to the cap during the majority of years in SL. They have certainly tried to ‘buy success’ by prioritising big name signings over junior development. Willie Mason, SKD, Jake Webster, Dobson (who had excelled at Dragons and Wigan before his NRL stint prior to Hull KR), Vella, Clint Newton, Joel Clinton, Blake Green, Albert Kelly, Terry Campese, Kane Linnett, Mitch Allgood, Galea etc all would have been on big money

That this approach doesn’t work doesn’t mean it hasn’t been tried 

That's the joy of life eh, you get to believe what you want to believe irrespective of any reality and I wish you luck with it!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

That's the joy of life eh, you get to believe what you want to believe irrespective of any reality and I wish you luck with it!

So you don’t believe those players were on big money then? 

Nothing like a fan of a club to look at things through tinted glasses 

7 hours ago, DoubleD said:

And a fat lot of good its done them, when you look at their history of achievements over the last 40 odd years.

10 hours ago, Pete Grady said:

This is the kind of person we want at Salford, this is really pleasing, well done Chris:

https://www.totalrl.com/salford-red-devils-star-signs-new-super-league-deal/

Prima Donna Dupree, take your tutu off and get down to some hard work!

Haha well I'm sure Atkin is a lovely guy but that press release is a near carbon copy of this one:

https://salfordreddevils.net/tyler-dupree-pens-fresh-three-year-contract-with-salford-red-devils/#:~:text=TYLER DUPREE PENS FRESH THREE-YEAR CONTRACT WITH SALFORD RED DEVILS,-by Harry Siddall&text=Tyler Dupree has committed his,Club until at least 2025.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I assume the backlash from Salford is purely tactical. After all, as has been mentioned, their business model is to sign promising players to long contracts that require transfer fees be paid for any release. 

Tactical too, that King came out recently to drum up interest in the share offering by repeating the prospect of having to sell players. Add the Dupree saga and demand in the share offering has increased.

The only part that doesn’t make sense to me is that a one off fan share payment netting the business several hundred thousand pounds is going to do anything materially different for the club. I’m not against fan owned clubs, but how is a one off low cash injection going to make a difference? It doesn’t renegotiate stadium terms and it doesn’t negotiate loan payment terms. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DoubleD said:

No, I know the club spent well under the cap. What one player got is irrelevant in the context of whether a club “bought success”, it’s the total that counts 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

No, I know the club spent well under the cap. What one player got is irrelevant in the context of whether a club “bought success”, it’s the total that counts 

"Mentally soft" Hull KR players savaged by chairman Neil Hudgell after Oldham's Challenge Cup giant-killing - Mirror Online

Asked what Rovers - beaten finalists in last year's Challenge Cup - should be expected to achieve this season, Hudgell added: “A top-eight place – we spend to the salary cap, we should perform to the cap.”

HTH

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

"Mentally soft" Hull KR players savaged by chairman Neil Hudgell after Oldham's Challenge Cup giant-killing - Mirror Online

Asked what Rovers - beaten finalists in last year's Challenge Cup - should be expected to achieve this season, Hudgell added: “A top-eight place – we spend to the salary cap, we should perform to the cap.”

HTH

Sure thing baby 

https://hullkr.co.uk/lakin-well-recruit-quality-players-to-complement-home-grown-talent/

Just a desperado trying really hard to bring a downer on a positive story. Time to give it up mate. 

Edited by Hull Kingston Bronco

39 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Sure thing baby 

https://hullkr.co.uk/lakin-well-recruit-quality-players-to-complement-home-grown-talent/

Just a desperado trying really hard to bring a downer on a positive story. Time to give it up mate. 

Give up what? You claimed the club spent well under the cap and hadn’t tried to buy success. I provided evidence to the contrary. There’s nothing further to add

26 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Give up what? You claimed the club spent well under the cap and hadn’t tried to buy success. I provided evidence to the contrary. There’s nothing further to add

Aside from my evidence that directly contradicts yours eh. So I've added that, feel free to stick it in a pipe and smoke it. All you have is one quote from a p*ssed off Hudgell, who was angry and emphasizing a point.

I can taste the bitterness, it clearly stings. 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Sure thing baby 

It sounds like they might have been spending the full cap, results were poor, Hudgell spat his dummy, Lakin came in, and a new strategy was developed to increase revenue to return to spending full cap. 

38 minutes ago, dealwithit said:

It sounds like they might have been spending the full cap, results were poor, Hudgell spat his dummy, Lakin came in, and a new strategy was developed to increase revenue to return to spending full cap. 

I think that’s the most likely scenario, not sure why there’s a need for some people to get personal about things 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

The word is that Wigan have joined the bidding 

Word is he’s gone reported on bbc Manchester radio before the game.  £200k and a young Wigan lad on loan for rest of the season is the rumour.  Smart business from Salford if so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

The word is that Wigan have joined the bidding 

Wigan had problems with their front rowers before all the injuries kicked in so a player like Dupree joining would be a much needed boost to the team.

Edited by Davo5

37 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Wigan had problems with their front rowers before all the injuries kicked in so a player like Dupree joining would be a much needed boost to the team.

Yeah really good signing for Wigan if true good player who’s only going to get better and better. If Wigan keep him for 10 years that £200k will be a snip. 

• Like 1