Sun 28th May: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League One games here.

SUNDAY 28th MAY
Cornwall v North Wales Crusaders KO 13:00
Dewsbury Rams v  London Skolars KO 15:00
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets KO 13:00
Midlands Hurricanes v Oldham KO 15:00

7 hours ago, John Drake said:

SUNDAY 28th MAY
Cornwall v North Wales Crusaders 
Dewsbury Rams
v  London Skolars 
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets 
Midlands Hurricanes v Oldham 

No surprises this weekend.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Cornwall 10 v 32 North Wales Crusaders
Dewsbury Rams 38 v 12 London Skolars
Hunslet 22 v 18 Rochdale Hornets
Midlands Hurricanes 12 v 48 Oldham

As much as I hate not backing my club, we've been poor this season and Oldham are on form. 

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

SUNDAY 28th MAY
Cornwall v North Wales Crusaders KO 13:00
Dewsbury Rams v  London Skolars KO 15:00
Hunslet v Rochdale Hornets KO 13:00
Midlands Hurricanes v Oldham KO 15:00

Cornwall 12-20 North Wales Crusaders

Dewsbury 60-12 London Skolars

Hunslet 18-26 Rochdale

Midlands Hurricanes 16-34 Oldham

This is a very negative post, But why don't Skolars. Hurricanes n Cornwall give it up. Any true league fans know they will always be the whipping boys. Take the rose tinted glasses of n folks be realistic 

• Haha 1

Skolars have new owners that are promising to inject significant money.

Hurricanes new owner will be announcing a major shake up next week.

Cornwall are struggling on the field. But, they have crowds that most Northern teams would die for. 

• Like 2

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

15 minutes ago, newbe said:

This is a very negative post, But why don't Skolars. Hurricanes n Cornwall give it up. Any true league fans know they will always be the whipping boys. Take the rose tinted glasses of n folks be realistic 

That’s the spirit.

42 minutes ago, newbe said:

Bet you're fun at parties 

21 hours ago, newbe said:

Why not get out to those clubs and see for yourself. I've just come back from Cornwall and had a fantastic welcome.... and that was exactly the same at Hurricanes last weekend and I expect it will be the same at Skolars next weekend. Those clubs are incredibly hard working and keeping Rugby League alive and well in Cornwall, Birmingham and London.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gogledd said:

Why not get out to those clubs and see for yourself. I've just come back from Cornwall and had a fantastic welcome.... and that was exactly the same at Hurricanes last weekend and I expect it will be the same at Skolars next weekend. Those clubs are incredibly hard working and keeping Rugby League alive and well in Cornwall, Birmingham and London.

I have.even went to Toulouse, n Toronto n Scorpions a few years back, so from what I have seen from a playing standard, top NCL teams would beat the afore mentioned teams, not criticising the commitment of the people  n volunteers who run them, its about standard 

On 29/05/2023 at 17:38, newbe said:

I have.even went to Toulouse, n Toronto n Scorpions a few years back, so from what I have seen from a playing standard, top NCL teams would beat the afore mentioned teams, not criticising the commitment of the people  n volunteers who run them, its about standard 

If thats the case why aren't 'top NCL' teams trying to get League 1 status? The League could do with a couple of more teams in any case to make the season financially viable for the current teams involved.

The cost. The rules are the  same as S/,L, CHARTED PHYSIO,Doctors that's £500 on a match day. Recruiting players on Sporting Visa's, ie having played so many pro games, also visa restrictions.I will stop there, could add plenty more 😆

To me it's crazy you can get an Oz player on work visa say a sparks, earn £50,000 london rates can play amateur no problem no restrictions, brought up on league who could easily play league 1. So frustrating