Balmain - The guy from The Wiggles

wants the Balmain Tigers back in the NRL. I agree with him, I want the Western Suburbs Magpies back in the NRL. I also want the Dragons to be called The Dragons. As you can tell I'm not a fan of mergers in RL. The Dragons would still play in the Red V and could play 1 or 2 matches at Kogorah. They train in Wollongong, and would like to see them play most home matches there. Bring in The Bears to play in Perth with 2 matches at North Sydney Oval and The Jets.   

Edited by LlanWests

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

• Llangennech changed the title to Balmain - The guy from The Wiggles

10 hours ago, LlanWests said:

wants the Balmain Tigers back in the NRL. I agree with him, I want the Western Suburbs Magpies back in the NRL. I also want the Dragons to be called The Dragons. As you can tell I'm not a fan of mergers in RL. The Dragons would still play in the Red V and could play 1 or 2 matches at Kogorah. They train in Wollongong, and would like to see them play most home matches there. Bring in The Bears to play in Perth with 2 matches at North Sydney Oval and The Jets.   

Nah, relocate Manly to Perth and do us all a favour.

Up the bears.

• Like 1

What gets new fans in new territories emotionally invested in a NRL club?

I don't think the answer is for that club to be a bunch of Sydney blow-ins turning up for some token on-the-road fixtures.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

What gets new fans in new territories emotionally invested in a NRL club?

I don't think the answer is for that club to be a bunch of Sydney blow-ins turning up for some token on-the-road fixtures.

The Bears would be based in Perth, they would train there, but would play 2 matches at North Sydney Oval initially, but after a couple of years would play just one home match there. 

5 minutes ago, Llangennech said:

The Bears would be based in Perth, they would train there, but would play 2 matches at North Sydney Oval initially, but after a couple of years would play just one home match there. 

I'm sure that would be the initial intention.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, Llangennech said:

North Sydney oval is hopeless for rugby league and belongs in the past and the lower leagues.

If the Bears get a foot in the door via Perth it won’t be long until they start wanting to play more games in Sydney until they return to Sydney.

A new Perth team should have their head office in Perth, their players, administrators, board etc all living and working in Perth.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Copa said:

North Sydney oval is hopeless for rugby league and belongs in the past and the lower leagues.

If the Bears get a foot in the door via Perth it won’t be long until they start wanting to play more games in Sydney until they return to Sydney.

A new Perth team should have their head office in Perth, their players, administrators, board etc all living and working in Perth.

The Bears would have their HQ in Perth. 

I would love to see teams like Perth, North Sydney, Western Suburbs, Balmain, St.George, Illawarra, Central Coast, Sunshine Coast,Newtown, Brisbane 3, PNG, Wellington, Canterbury, New Napier now in the NRL but some of those teams are not going to happen unless the NRL has a 2nd division which would be great but that won't happen.

Love to see a solid NSW/QLD Cup but then I'm one off the few who like to see one Rugby code and you could have the top Super teams in the NRL and then NZ can have a their own level down comp like New Zealand Cup alongside NSW/QLD.

16 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

In which case they wouldnt be ‘The’ Bears.

Taking the Bears out of North Sydney is like taking the Yankees out of New York.

Oakland A's haven't always been in Oakland. And the big one in my mind, as I go for the Ravens, the Baltimore Colts. The Colts were involved in the match which started A Football becoming the big TV sport that it is today. 

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

But the Yankees have always been in NY!

But the NS Bears were never close to being the biggest club in the NRL or have the prestige that the Bunnies and Chooks have.