WSL - LeedsRhinos v St Helens Fri 26th May KO: 5.30pm (Sky Sports Arena)

9 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Return of Faye Gaskin tonight for Saints, after a year and a half out with injury

Her reaction if and when Saints score will be a point of interest.

Try celebrations have added exciting new elements of jeopardy to the modern game. In the NRL every Penrith Panther might taste the joy of injury when Jarome Luai is around. Some of the biggest hits in PNG Digicel Cup games are on try-scorers by teammates. 

• Like 1

Looking ominous for Leeds now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Looking ominous for Leeds now.

Well, that dated quickly.

Currently Leeds 18:28 St Helens, after quick-fire tries from the hosts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Well, that dated quickly.

Currently Leeds 18:28 St Helens, after quick-fire tries from the hosts.

And now it's blown out again, as St Helens make it safe at 18:38. Saints may have lost a few stars since last season, but they are still top contenders.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really enjoyed the game, I’m not going to write Leeds off just yet because they have some good players to come back in but Saints were very impressive and played with good shape.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

On 26/05/2023 at 20:46, Richard de la Riviere said:

Saints were fantastic tonight, in particular Emily Rudge, Shona Hoyle & Channy Crowl in the pack. Hoyle was brilliant in the second row. She’s like Amy Hardcastle in a bit of space. Totally wasted at prop. 

Will be interesting to see how Saints go against York when they play them again. 

Great performance by Saints pack, but coach will probably be disappointed by the fact that they let Leeds back into the match after scoring first in 2nd half. Its been notable this year how good York's performances have been in the back end of games (helped enormously by being able to bring the likes of Jas Bell and Grace Field off the bench, so there's really no let up in intensity up front)

Good return for Fake Gaskin too

For Leeds, the loss of both star half backs from last year, Georgia Roche and Courtney Winfield-Hill, this season leaves a big hole. They'll be a lot better to for the return of Kaitlyn Beevers from injury, though.

Couple of WSL results from today. Salford 10 Leigh 58, Huddersfield 20 Wigan 30.

Good signs that Huddersfield aren't completely out of their depth in Group 1.

On the subject of Saints, I reckon they'd push York all the way with their best side out. They lost Jody quite early in the game at LNER. Will be a huge boost if Faye can stay fit and in form. Her passing game is a cut above - the Cody Walker of English women's RL.

On 28/05/2023 at 05:48, RBKnight said:

Great performance by Saints pack, but coach will probably be disappointed by the fact that they let Leeds back into the match after scoring first in 2nd half. Its been notable this year how good York's performances have been in the back end of games (helped enormously by being able to bring the likes of Jas Bell and Grace Field off the bench, so there's really no let up in intensity up front)

Good return for Fake Gaskin too

For Leeds, the loss of both star half backs from last year, Georgia Roche and Courtney Winfield-Hill, this season leaves a big hole. They'll be a lot better to for the return of Kaitlyn Beevers from injury, though.

I think York have the better front row (including bench options) although not by much, but if Saints can keep Rudge, Hoyle & Cunningham fit, and assuming they don’t stick Shona back into the front row, then that’s a back row that’s the best by a long way. 

• Like 1