David Fifita

David Fifita en route to "save" Wakefield Trinity as brother confirms return His brother Andrew, a former Australian international, has posted a photo of David and his family leaving Sydney Airport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Seriously ? , He's been playing Bush footy hasn't he ? , He'd need 6 months to get anything like fit

I wouldn't call the Newcastle competition 'Bush Footy'  He played  and had an impact at Wakey when he wasn't 100% fit.  Whilst he won't win games on his own, such is his 'presence' at Wakey that it will give the whole place a lift and hopefully inspire others in the side to lift their performance.

It might work, it might not but desperate times ( and boy are we desperate) call for desperate measures.

• Like 7

Wow this is Fax 2003 all over again. Players leaving mid season and bringing in poor standard players hoping for a miracle. We invented the blueprint and Wakey are following it to the letter. Its going to make it a nightmare for them to put together a team for the Championship next season.

You'd think the proper option would be to save the wages and plan accordingly.

Paying Sam Allardyce £500k for 4 games springs to mind.

Will give the fans a boost for a few weeks but he won’t make much difference to results on the pitch. He’s about to turn 34 and has only played 3 games of amateur stuff since September because of injuries and he was hardly fit at the best of times! By the time he is up to speed we’ll be gone anyway. 

3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

Dreadful signing to appease fans who value "passion" over playing well.

If we were playing well, we wouldn't need to bank on passion.

I'll take any glimmer of hope right now.

17 minutes ago, dboy said:

If we were playing well, we wouldn't need to bank on passion.

I'll take any glimmer of hope right now.

Does an injury prone 34 yr old who hasn’t been playing any rugby offer any glimmer of hope though.

Won't be wasting my time praying - God's too busy giving babies malaria to worry about Wakey Trinity.

In the Big Bopper we trust (got to have faith in something!).

I'll salute magpies if you reckon it will work...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Hope he smashes it! He's a fun presence, and Wakefield need to play with more gay abandon and verve.

I have always thought when watching David Fifita that he simply exudes gay abandon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

38 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I have always thought when watching David Fifita that he simply exudes gay abandon.

It was often mentioned by commentators during his time in the NRL . 

are things really that bad wakey have had to resort to this?  he wont be coming back for nowt either. wondered why there were so many new adverts for takeaway delivery drivers in the WF postcode, now it all makes sense!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile