Fri 9th June : SL : Leigh Leopards v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Hull FC

14 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Thanks, but the club haven't announced it on social media 48 hours before the game like they usually do, although the squad does more or less pick itself.

Don't know why they haven't announced it. It was originally only a 19 man squad on the RFL website, then added Norman. So there might be another coming in? Or maybe one or two of them will be in Rochdale's squad on dual reg instead.

Or they've just forgotten to post it!

• Like 1

Well, before the season started I didn't think we would come off a win against Warrington and say "we will need to play better than that to beat Leigh next week." And yet here we are. I think we can go there and do it though. Once again we showed some real fighting spirit against Warrington in a way that Hull sides in the recent past just haven't done. We are also starting to see the attack looking a lot more fluent now and we've scored some lovely tries in the last couple of games.

I think if we can repeat that recipe of real grit and willingness to defend with a few touches of class from the likes of Clifford and Hoy we can come away with a win. 

Hull by 8

Edited by MZH

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Don't worry you've got super Dan Norman coming to the rescue on loan 😁

When Saints signed him from the Championship given his size I think the club were hoping for another Walmsley type development but I have to say he's failed miserably so far. For whatever reason he looks like he's playing half heartedly in most games and for a front rower there's a worrying lack of aggression in attack & defence.

He's already been pushed down the pecking order at Saints by teenager Delaney and with both Knowles & Mata'utia getting game time in the front row he's probably only 7th choice prop at the club, so I think a loan move is probably the best thing for Norman now. Its rumoured he was joining Leigh for 2024 anyway.

Lam rates and him he has signed for 2024. Sometimes belief and confidence can do wonders for a young prop with the best years ahead of him. Lams signings for 24 have a distinct pattern so far Halton Norman Trout

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Tight game this. Leigh to sneak it and to keep it away from Hulls monster pack 

Satae is a huge loss. Great player. 

Why does this "Hull's monster pack" thing keep getting trotted out. As you say Satae is missing for a start. Taylor is a big unit, Sao isn't particularly big for a prop but he's quite physically imposing I guess. But then we've got Fash (tiny), Cator (tiny), Brown (below average size for a front row), Griffin (converted from a centre), Lane (average size) and Savelio (just above average size)

We haven't had a monster pack since about 2017 when it was Taylor, Watts, Bowden, Manu, Minichiello etc.

55 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Lam rates and him he has signed for 2024. Sometimes belief and confidence can do wonders for a young prop with the best years ahead of him. Lams signings for 24 have a distinct pattern so far Halton Norman Trout

Good luck with Norman. You can coach skill but aggression i'm not so sure

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

2 hours ago, MZH said:

Why does this "Hull's monster pack" thing keep getting trotted out. As you say Satae is missing for a start. Taylor is a big unit, Sao isn't particularly big for a prop but he's quite physically imposing I guess. But then we've got Fash (tiny), Cator (tiny), Brown (below average size for a front row), Griffin (converted from a centre), Lane (average size) and Savelio (just above average size)

We haven't had a monster pack since about 2017 when it was Taylor, Watts, Bowden, Manu, Minichiello etc.

In comparison to Leigh’s pack, it’s far bigger. 

They will be doing some defensive marching on Friday for sure !  Left Right, Left Right ! 😂

Good luck !

10 hours ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh’s grunt has 2 at 110kg and 2 at 115kg

The 2 at 110kg about the same weight as me then, and I was merely a full back !! 🤣  I take it one is Amone and the other is Mulhern.

Ava is 18 stone. Intrigued on who the other player is weighing in at 115kg. Who is the other 'Crumper'?

Ava is still dwarfed by Taylor and Satae if playing but yes, Leigh should hold their own with Satae missing. Sao and Sevelio make up for the the loss of Satae.

Should be another great game and it deserves another great crowd. Good to know the North stand has sold out again.

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

On form Savellio is the Hull player who worries me the most.

Savelio had been frozen out for a while, apparently because of issues with his fitness and attitude. We all thought his Hull career was pretty much over. But he seems to have knuckled down, put in a couple of strong performances in the reserves and is now back in the mix. Hopefully this approach by Smith will bring the best out of him in the coming months.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Also that little Bhugger Dwyer, if there is one player I would like Leigh to sign for next season it would be Dwyer, he and Ipape on interchange would be quite devastating.

He's an enigma, and probably the player who frustrates me most in the team. He has so many good qualities and can win a game on his own when things are really working for him, but his rugby league IQ (for want of a better term) is terrible. The phrase rocks and diamonds could have been invented for him.

• Like 1

His passing is woeful. 

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.