Brits in the NRL: 2024 Edition

4 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Is Lewis Murphy injured at the moment? I couldn’t see his name on the NSW Cup team sheet 

Didn't play last week either.  Have to assume he is injured. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Dom Young off to an incredible start, his combo with Manu is looking lethal.

All the Roosters were top-notch in the first half, just tearing the Warriors to shreds. The visitors rallied a bit in the second half to make the score look more respectable, but they lost Shaun Johnson.

https://youtu.be/q3Rkzb1Hmgs

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

All the Roosters were top-notch in the first half, just tearing the Warriors to shreds. The visitors rallied a bit in the second half to make the score look more respectable, but they lost Shaun Johnson.

https://youtu.be/q3Rkzb1Hmgs

The Roosters were pretty much playing with their full first choice side. Now add Zac Lomax and David Fifita to that mix for next season - expectations will be very high!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

The Roosters were pretty much playing with their full first choice side. Now add Zac Lomax and David Fifita to that mix for next season - expectations will be very high!

Lomax has signed for Parramatta. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

fifita is just a greedy money chaser and the next dave taylor - bad decision to sign him

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Lomax has signed for Parramatta. 

Oops! Got my transfers mixed up.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

fifita is just a greedy money chaser and the next dave taylor - bad decision to sign him

Putting Fifita's ability to one side, why is it that you classify him as a greedy money chaser over any other professional player?

He is 24 years old, played for two professional clubs so far and has honoured every contract he has signed?

What behaviour has he demonstrated that you disapprove of?

(And for those not wanting the Brits in the NRL thread to be dragged off topic, I will just let jonny tell me his reasons and leave it there)

11 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Putting Fifita's ability to one side, why is it that you classify him as a greedy money chaser over any other professional player?

He is 24 years old, played for two professional clubs so far and has honoured every contract he has signed?

What behaviour has he demonstrated that you disapprove of?

(And for those not wanting the Brits in the NRL thread to be dragged off topic, I will just let jonny tell me his reasons and leave it there)

left the broncos who were on the verge of becoming the team they are now for a big money offer- joined the titans and achieved absolutely nothing predictably - swelled the bank account but now its time to show zero loyalty again after cashing the cheques  and move on

• Confused 1

The broncos squad was top heavy with young talent that had implications for salary cap moving forward. He scored 17 tries in one season after which holbrook decided to move him to Centre. That was a disaster.

He is doing what he sees as best for his career and family. Good luck to him…he has always conducted himself in a professional manner and avoided the ‘headlines’ .

He has probably taken a pay cut to move to Roosters but he probably wants to go to a contender at this stage of his career and he, like many others, dont place the Titans in that category.

Pryce nowhere near the knights squad again - starting to wonder if the whole team will have to go down with food poisoning 24hrs before a game for him to even get considered

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Pryce nowhere near the knights squad again - starting to wonder if the whole team will have to go down with food poisoning 24hrs before a game for him to even get considered

The Knights have won their last 3 games, I can see why the coach isn't switching things up in the play making positions at this point.

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I hope he gets a run in the first team this season but is he playing well enough to get selected?

Elliott Whitehead was superb for the Raiders in their win over the Bulldogs this morning.

His uber competitive self and he really hit Kikau with everything a few times forcing a couple of mistakes.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Elliott Whitehead was superb for the Raiders in their win over the Bulldogs this morning.

His uber competitive self and he really hit Kikau with everything a few times forcing a couple of mistakes.

whitehead and t burgess seem to be playing as well as they have ever done if not better- would describe dom youngs performance for the rooseters this morn as "erratic" to say the least- another 2 tries  though in their defeat 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

whitehead and t burgess seem to be playing as well as they have ever done if not better- would describe dom youngs performance for the rooseters this morn as "erratic" to say the least- another 2 tries  though in their defeat 

A curate's egg of a performance, although the whole game was pretty fast and loose. Still, he reached his half-century of NRL tries.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

Whitehead has really got the best out of his career can’t remember many bad games. Always a chance of creating something in attack solid as anyone in defence and I can’t remember him missing too many games. Maybe a few following off season surgeries if he does finish this year he’s had a career to be proud of. Hopefully though he fancies going round again. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Whitehead has really got the best out of his career can’t remember many bad games. Always a chance of creating something in attack solid as anyone in defence and I can’t remember him missing too many games. Maybe a few following off season surgeries if he does finish this year he’s had a career to be proud of. Hopefully though he fancies going round again. 

Isn’t he off to the Dragons next year?

Of the French variety 

Edited by DoubleD
  • Thanks 1

Was he just born in England to Kiwi parents, a bit like Sam Walker, or did he spend part of his childhood here with one of his parents being English, like Max King?

29 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Was he just born in England to Kiwi parents, a bit like Sam Walker, or did he spend part of his childhood here with one of his parents being English, like Max King?

Not sure as there’s not much background info on him but he looks Māori/Polynesian so I’m guessing kiwi parents.

maybe his dad played professional rl or ru over here?

I was just looking to see if I could find out more about Elijah Rasmussen.

I couldn't, but I did see that there are two players named Elijah Rasmussen who play for the Radcliffe Dolphins.  That's quite a coincidence.

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I was just looking to see if I could find out more about Elijah Rasmussen.

I couldn't, but I did see that there are two players named Elijah Rasmussen who play for the Radcliffe Dolphins.  That's quite a coincidence.

Surely not?