Sport England participation survey 2022-23

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Do the other lot still count every single student at any school that has a RU team, whether they play the sport or not?

Not a clue. I just wanted to know if junior numbers who are registered at clubs have decreased as part of these figures. 
I’ve re read it now and seen it’s just adults. Wonder if the amount of kids playing has increased or decreased

33 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Not a clue. I just wanted to know if junior numbers who are registered at clubs have decreased as part of these figures. 
I’ve re read it now and seen it’s just adults. Wonder if the amount of kids playing has increased or decreased

Definitely the most important statistic is junior participation, whilst moving forward I don’t think all is lost on the Touch/Tag front for adult participation.

I don’t think the physical nature of the full contact version of the game these days matches the needs of men providing for families in a cost of living crisis. I am still baffled how men aged 30+ with  jobs to go to on Monday will still play a game of RL on a weekend without being paid a six figure $$$ salary to do so.

In saying that, my knees and shoulders have been shot since my teens and I would have been folded like a deck chair  after being found hiding out on the wing in defence 😂 

14 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Definitely the most important statistic is junior participation, whilst moving forward I don’t think all is lost on the Touch/Tag front for adult participation.

I don’t think the physical nature of the full contact version of the game these days matches the needs of men providing for families in a cost of living crisis. I am still baffled how men aged 30+ with  jobs to go to on Monday will still play a game of RL on a weekend without being paid a six figure $$$ salary to do so.

In saying that, my knees and shoulders have been shot since my teens and I would have been folded like a deck chair  after being found hiding out on the wing in defence 😂 

The number of kids playing is definitely the most important statistic. These are the future fans and also where the pro clubs will get their players from.

As for adults, formats such as touch, tag, X League and maybe even 9s might suit adults who can’t commit to the rigours of full contact or the time/travel on a Saturday 

• Like 1