Jump to content

Rochdale Hornets.


Recommended Posts


27 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I honestly feel that Murray has to go, he's clueless. To be honest I was shocked when he got the job

Not saying he is the best and to be honest I have questioned our game plans a few times but it seems every coach we appoint goes the same way,  we have to question the recruitment whether that is 100% down to the coach, i am not sure.

Its early days but so far our 3 'overseas' recruits look no better than what we already had!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do Town ever do any defensive play in training as teams look as if they can score as and when?  I feel for all the people behind the scenes at Town who put in some tremendous work to keep the club going only to see it wasted by these pitiful performances.  

  • Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Not saying he is the best and to be honest I have questioned our game plans a few times but it seems every coach we appoint goes the same way,  we have to question the recruitment whether that is 100% down to the coach, i am not sure.

It’s early days but so far our 3 'overseas' recruits look no better than what we already had!

It’s also this peculiar thing that no other club has where we are obsessed with the team being local lads. Quite honestly, we have a fair few locals in this squad who aren’t up to this level. I’m sure they’re good lads and all that but out of their depth as RL players. 
We talk about building a team by developing young local players but it never happens and is pretty impossible to do anyway seeing how contracts work in the modern game. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

To outplay a decent championship side in haven twice to this is baffling, last week we looked like we’d just turned up expecting to roll midlands over so is it a case of bad attitudes costing us? 

Edited by wonky
  • Like 2

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wonky said:

To outplay and decent championship side in haven twice to this is baffling, last week we looked like we’d just turned up expecting to roll midlands over so is it a case of bad attitudes costing us? 

Got to be something amiss, this group of players are not as bad as recent results suggest, or am i just kidding myself

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bobg said:

It’s great the work going on behind the scenes, but you have to have a team worth watching, to benefit from it, 

Only Newcastle and Cornwall with worse defence than us, says a lot Bob

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Only Newcastle and Cornwall with worse defence than us, says a lot Bob

We can’t seem to defend, I am at a loss to know what is wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

It’s also this peculiar thing that no other club has where we are obsessed with the team being local lads. Quite honestly, we have a fair few locals in this squad who aren’t up to this level. I’m sure they’re good lads and all that but out of their depth as RL players. 
We talk about building a team by developing young local players but it never happens and is pretty impossible to do anyway seeing how contracts work in the modern game. 

But it's gone to sh*t since we brought in overseas players.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

But it's gone to sh*t since we brought in overseas players.

Let me guess, if marwoood played we’d be sound 

  • Haha 1

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobg said:

We can’t seem to defend, I am at a loss to know what is wrong.

You know what they say Bob, defence is all attitude etc.  Not sure the new additions are improving us? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, dkw said:

Nonsense.

Not been good all season but he has a point, looked totally disinterested in last two games

Edited by Onreport
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brookie said:

I honestly feel that Murray has to go, he's clueless. To be honest I was shocked when he got the job

Agreed 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobg said:

We can’t seem to defend, I am at a loss to know what is wrong.

Your not alone there mate,

Today's summary from the coach, "unacceptable, beat in every aspect"

Summary after first two games " to lose by over 100 in two games is unacceptable"

After Midlands " we were beat in every aspect"

 

So what next coach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, dkw said:

Nonsense.

Are you being ironic? Of course it has, 4 wins on the bounce then 2 dire displays after bringing in 3 overseas players. We were rubbish before they came on the field but that's a fact its not negotiable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wonky said:

Let me guess, if marwoood played we’d be sound 

What you on about? Marwood had his abilities but for whatever reason he doesn't play. Henson is a clever competitor however and him and Burns are a big miss. Disappointing comment from you. He was saying you can't have a solely homegrown side but we were winning when we did now were aren't. That's not their fault its just a fact that something has changed.  Great effort by the club to bring them here and hopefully it pays off sooner rather than later.

Edited by homeandawayer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be fair your last 3 coaches price thornnan and Murray have been rhe best thing since sliced bread on here and hopefully you'll pull it round we where robbed today by the plastic scousers 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

M

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.