ABK Beer sponsorship

Rather than drinking their beer, I was speculating on what their sponsorship was bringing apart from money. Same thoughts regarding other sponsors. At least with the ill-fated Eddie Stobart affair, our game fell off the back of a lorry nationwide.

(It appears that Stobart is now named and owned by Culina who are in turn owned by Muller, the Bavarian dairy product and yoghurt manufacturer)

My local in York had ABK on keg for sometime , the whole range was rotated by the landlord , Dunkel being my favourite. Once they started brewing the stuff over here the landlord dumped them , currently we have Bavo Pils , Bitburger , Paulaner and Kostritzer Schwarzbier.

40 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

My local in York had ABK on keg for sometime , the whole range was rotated by the landlord , Dunkel being my favourite. Once they started brewing the stuff over here the landlord dumped them , currently we have Bavo Pils , Bitburger , Paulaner and Kostritzer Schwarzbier.

They could do with some at the Black Horse in Wigginton!  Barring Guinness, the beer ain’t good.

48 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

They could do with some at the Black Horse in Wigginton!  Barring Guinness, the beer ain’t good.

Landlord will not have that on either given the amount of good stouts coming out of the smaller independant brewers.

There is either a cask or keg stout always on , sometimes both.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

That last sentence is redolent of unspoken tragedy. And also applies to the hotel in Brighton where we had this year's staff Summer Social. Thankfully the evening meal was not in the hotel restaurant, but in a good pub round the corner.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson