Jump to content

Dewsbury Rams v York RLFC 16th June, KO: 15:00


Recommended Posts


I hear that Kieran Rush may be available for this game.

We simply have to win this game to give ourselves the slightest chance of staying up. There should be a pretty full squad available and everyone is rested so it tests the mettle of the whole squad and coaching staff. A decent turnout by the fans would certainly help.

  • Like 4

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

I don’t normally ask for divine intervention so early in the season but I will be tomorrow 🙏

It's critical for the Knights as well.  We're supposed to be on a path to Super League,  not League One. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there some unrest at the club? We have had two coaches this season with neither bringing any improvements. Players have already jumped ship, some away on loan and others, it is suggested, moving on for next season? I don’t think this bodes well for tomorrow, or for the rest of the season.

From the squad announced, my idea of the team to take the field is:

O’Connor; Restall, Marcus Walker, Greensmith, Carr; Rush, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Dixon; Graham, Garside; Collinson, subs: Davies, Dawson, Billington, Bibby.

18th man: Morris

Dewsbury 8-20 York

FTS: Walker

MoM: Rush

Att: 792

  • Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Is there some unrest at the club? We have had two coaches this season with neither bringing any improvements. Players have already jumped ship, some away on loan and others, it is suggested, moving on for next season? I don’t think this bodes well for tomorrow, or for the rest of the season.

From the squad announced, my idea of the team to take the field is:

O’Connor; Restall, Marcus Walker, Greensmith, Carr; Rush, Turner; Beckett, Butterworth, Dixon; Graham, Garside; Collinson, subs: Davies, Dawson, Billington, Bibby.

18th man: Morris

Dewsbury 8-20 York

FTS: Walker

MoM: Rush

Att: 792

Not heard of any unrest but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was either. I was hearing rumours as far back as the Toulouse game saying so and so was going here,so and so was going there etc. I just hope it doesn’t effect the dressing room.

Anyway onto tomorrow’s game. Looks like a strong squad,will be good enough to beat York is another matter. I’d liked to have seen Ferguson in for his experience and go forward.

Rams 16 York 26

Fts O’Connor 

Mom Beckett 

Att 650

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't believe that there is any unusual unrest but a natural consequence of clubs being able to talk to any players from May 1st onwards. I know that it is a completely different world but exactly the same thing happens in the NRL when it is known that so and so will be joining such and such a club next season. This doesn't prevent them from behaving professionally for their current clubs.

This is about our strongest squad so we have to beat York if we have any hopes of staying up. It might be nice to have Ferguson available but is he really someone who we can pin our hopes upon, given his injury record? The forwards certainly need to step up for this game and York have some injury issues of their own.

Rams 22 - 16 York

FTS O'Connor

Att: depends if the "boycotters" show up. Let's say 890.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve not heard of any actual unrest. More restlessness. 
 

We have a good season in League One, playing against VERY average teams and so do what seems to be very well- and then have high expectations of what might come, the player think the same.  Then we get in the Championship, experience the gulf in class between the leagues, and we get edgy about a lack of success- including the ‘better’ players. 
 

It’s a cycle we’re now in unless a miracle brings in investment.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RugbyPowelly said:

I’ve not heard of any actual unrest. More restlessness. 
 

We have a good season in League One, playing against VERY average teams and so do what seems to be very well- and then have high expectations of what might come, the player think the same.  Then we get in the Championship, experience the gulf in class between the leagues, and we get edgy about a lack of success- including the ‘better’ players. 
 

It’s a cycle we’re now in unless a miracle brings in investment.

Actually, scrap that. We’re just a big pile of pants.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worst performance in years. Looked like they had never played together, no leadership and some didn’t look interested. Best players were those on loan/ dual reg. maybe those who have promised contracts for other clubs for next year should be replaced by young amateur lads looking to step up and play for the shirt.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firstly,credit to York, they were very slick and well organised and had a far bigger pack than us and two wingers who could finish chances. Good line speed and tackling.

As for us, as always no lack of effort but just the usual catalogue of errors. Think Calum Turner is now saving himself for Featherstone next season. Just kept giving Jack Billington hospital passes. Like Liam Finn in his last season, if you're going to pass every time, it's easy to defend. At least Butterworth came on and played like a half back with a bit of spark.

We need our forwards in the middle running hard and making ground like the York forwards did. Loitering out wide when Restall and Carr are getting smashed in the middle just keeps us on the back foot.

Rush tried but had little to work with. Why we didn't try kicking more on our rare visits to the line is a mystery. Our 6th tackles play were disorganised too often. Our passing was poor too often.

Sorry to say, I can't see us winning another game on this showing. We have a good League 1 squad and it shows. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Woeful, clueless, lacking direction................and the rest.

I think that focusing upon those players who are leaving is a distraction. The pattern of play is a recipe for failure and none of the players actually seemed to be aware of any plan or system. I can't see this improving at all this season and the prospects of even one more victory seem remote.

A radical rethink is required.

  • Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Firstly,credit to York, they were very slick and well organised and had a far bigger pack than us and two wingers who could finish chances. Good line speed and tackling.

As for us, as always no lack of effort but just the usual catalogue of errors. Think Calum Turner is now saving himself for Featherstone next season. Just kept giving Jack Billington hospital passes. Like Liam Finn in his last season, if you're going to pass every time, it's easy to defend. At least Butterworth came on and played like a half back with a bit of spark.

We need our forwards in the middle running hard and making ground like the York forwards did. Loitering out wide when Restall and Carr are getting smashed in the middle just keeps us on the back foot.

Rush tried but had little to work with. Why we didn't try kicking more on our rare visits to the line is a mystery. Our 6th tackles play were disorganised too often. Our passing was poor too often.

Sorry to say, I can't see us winning another game on this showing. We have a good League 1 squad and it shows. 

We haven't a good league 1 squad

The majority of this lot will be on their toes and out of the club at the end of the season. 

Word is between 6 to 8 will leave at the end of the season 

Leaving a massive rebuilding program to get a team to compete in league 1

Forget bouncing back straight up

Not going to happen 

Worst disjointed performance I've seen for a long time 

We simply cannot compete in this present guise of this team

Cannot defend the undefendable 

Very poor today 

Bring it into perspective 

We've been hammered at home by 40 nil by the second worse team

Doesn't come any worse if honest. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KC Ram said:

Worst performance in years. Looked like they had never played together, no leadership and some didn’t look interested. Best players were those on loan/ dual reg. maybe those who have promised contracts for other clubs for next year should be replaced by young amateur lads looking to step up and play for the shirt.

 

Great post.  I’d drop all those that have been promised games elsewhere next season.   If we’re gunna get hammered might as well get in lads who will want to play  for us next year as we are defo going down.   
Reiss was outstanding and must surely be wondering what the hell has happened 😦. We def need some bigger forwards.   Their pack was twice the size and ran with twice the speed.  
On a separate note and perhaps more worrying was the lack of Dews fans today.  It’s a good job York brought a few.  

Edited by NickD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think the saddest sight today was this

It took an exhausted Jimmy Beckett 4 tackles to get back on side, then once he had couldn't keep up with the line for the next 2 tackles. 

What's the coaching staff trying to do make him play longer minutes when obviously he's completely knackered 🤔

Where is player welfare and player management??? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does it still look as there is no unrest?
That was worse than terrible (if that could ever be so). It was a shame because we had some ex-players and other visitors today to help celebrate our heritage. They must have asked why we come and support a team that plays like that. There was no leadership , no direction, no speed; the passing was slow (as usual), with most recipients taking the ball from a standing start and the tackling was abysmal. We have a captain at prop who likes to think he is a back and acting as a playmaker, passing the ball instead of charging at the opponents and I think we saw Turner play his worst game in our colours. Reiss, on the other hand, deservedly won the MoM.

I have to wonder though, what goes through the mind of our officials. I want to see the highlights (not really, but…) to see if Brown stepped on the touch line when he raced 70 metres for a try in the first half and what were they thinking when York were awarded a try in the corner when to all intents and purposes it had been a knock-onathon. The ref also (thankfully) disallowed a Brown try for a reason I didn’t understand.

I see no more victories coming our way with performances like today.

  • Like 5
Legs, Dews, Legs.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Great post.  I’d drop all those that have been promised games elsewhere next season.   If we’re gunna get hammered might as well get in lads who will want to play  for us next year as we are defo going down.   
Reiss was outstanding and must surely be wondering what the hell has happened 😦. We def need some bigger forwards.   Their pack was twice the size and ran with twice the speed.  
On a separate note and perhaps more worrying was the lack of Dews fans today.  It’s a good job York brought a few.  

 

3 hours ago, coolie said:

We haven't a good league 1 squad

The majority of this lot will be on their toes and out of the club at the end of the season. 

Word is between 6 to 8 will leave at the end of the season 

Leaving a massive rebuilding program to get a team to compete in league 1

Forget bouncing back straight up

Not going to happen 

Worst disjointed performance I've seen for a long time 

We simply cannot compete in this present guise of this team

Cannot defend the undefendable 

Very poor today 

Bring it into perspective 

We've been hammered at home by 40 nil by the second worse team

Doesn't come any worse if honest. 

Didn’t realise York were the 2nd worse side

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understand posters being upset and diving in to comment. Me going to give it a while to reflect before I post! Am I fuming yep definitely. As a taster of what my post may consist of. What about when Jordan Thompson ran through five s_ _ t scared players to score his try.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

I understand posters being upset and diving in to comment. Me going to give it a while to reflect before I post! Am I fuming yep definitely. As a taster of what my post may consist of. What about when Jordan Thompson ran through five s_ _ t scared players to score his try.

From my standing position I think they were initially more interested in a ball steal than a tackle😦

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.