Barrow

Puk

Sounds like Cunningham will feature tomorrow,would start Bailey or Field in the the right centre berth and if everyone is fit would start as we did last week.Certainly looks like Hughes won't be playing for the knights any time soon according to Applegarth and obviously thinks Jubb and Daley are better than Cooper at hooker.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I’d go with 

dagger

brown

bailey

keinhorst

ward

harris

hingano

Thompson

cook

fitzy

field

gannon

cunningham

BENCH

daley

michael

teanby

reynolds

from what I’ve heard cook is starting at 9 tommorow Cunningham at 13 Santi is also touch and go after been ill this week hence why I’ve left him out otherwise I’d have him in for Reynolds 

Edited by Cam varley

If that is true, then I can only think that Goodchild is insisting Cook plays because it was his idea to sign him. Jubby and Daley are the two hookers.Why does Thommo need to play as a middle, we need him on the field for 80 minutes, leave him at loose forward.

11 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

If that is true, then I can only think that Goodchild is insisting Cook plays because it was his idea to sign him. Jubby and Daley are the two hookers.Why does Thommo need to play as a middle, we need him on the field for 80 minutes, leave him at loose forward.

If sam cook plays instead of jubby it is possibly down to an injury, hopefully andy acko will clear this up in his post match interview ,in this weeks interview mash had stated jubby and daley were going to be difficult to shift.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Is Clint actually putting the Valkyrie before the knights at this stage of the season as it doesn't seem to be a issue signing players for the Valks ,but not the knights who are still very light in a couple of positions and this has been like this for the majority of the season.

57 minutes ago, Puk said:

Is Clint actually putting the Valkyrie before the knights at this stage of the season as it doesn't seem to be a issue signing players for the Valks ,but not the knights who are still very light in a couple of positions and this has been like this for the majority of the season.

Quite possibly he is, I know this has been an issue in the past. My honest opinion is, while I accept he is the Chairman and provides the funding, he interferes too much with the playing side. The coach should be deciding who plays, not the owner. Had Hendo or Mash seen Cook play, or did Clint just decide to bring in another player, (in a position we didn't need)? Having said that, if Cook does play, I hope he has a blinder.

9 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Quite possibly he is, I know this has been an issue in the past. My honest opinion is, while I accept he is the Chairman and provides the funding, he interferes too much with the playing side. The coach should be deciding who plays, not the owner. Had Hendo or Mash seen Cook play, or did Clint just decide to bring in another player, (in a position we didn't need)? Having said that, if Cook does play, I hope he has a blinder.

When I read "conspiracy theory" stuff like this, I ask myself why would Clint spend his hard to come by brass on someone the coach doesn't want. Personally, I don't think he's as daft as you try to make out. They're the guys who know what happens behind the scenes. In training, injuries, maybe even some cases of who wants away at the end of the season or even earlier, looking down the track. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's not stupid.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

When I read "conspiracy theory" stuff like this, I ask myself why would Clint spend his hard to come by brass on someone the coach doesn't want. Personally, I don't think he's as daft as you try to make out. They're the guys who know what happens behind the scenes. In training, injuries, maybe even some cases of who wants away at the end of the season or even earlier, looking down the track. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he's not stupid.

I think you are correct and comparing signing for the Valkyrie with the Knights is nonsense, if only for the fact of the relative amounts of money involved.

• Like 2

Got to give our players a lot of credit today especially in the first half as we played some great rugby and defensively we have improved so much since Applegarth came in as coach.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

If sam cook plays instead of jubby it is possibly down to an injury, hopefully andy acko will clear this up in his post match interview ,in this weeks interview mash had stated jubby and daley were going to be difficult to shift.

Apparently it was Applegarths’ call to play Cook today, in his words “ He has earned the shirt, Jubby took it well”,  Ata played very well again, considering he was sick all week and Williams was excellent too.

Things are starting to click now with the pivots, hopefully we can string some more results together and keep a buffer between us and the bottom three.

i thought the ref was pretty good today too, for a young guy he didn’t look out of place on that field, maybe he could have had a bit more help from his touchiest but on the whole he was ok, compared to some we have had here.

• Like 2

As the saying goes you can only play what's in front of you , the knights 1 to 17 were excellent today , nice to see the satisfaction on their faces as they really fought for one another , Applegarth has got a great team spirit going and a vocal york crowd enjoyed every minute, roll on donny next week.

• Like 3

Great result we seem to be improving pitch wide now. Really impressed with Connor Bailey he seems to be getting better every week and Brad Ward has took his opportunity in the first team really well.

• Like 4