Issue 415 of Rugby League World magazine is out now – available both in newsagents and digitally (download at totalrl.com/rlw). We have a great introductory subscription offer in which you can get two issues for the price of one (just £4!), with no obligation to continue after that. For more information, head to totalrl.com/2for1 – but be quick as this offer expires soon.
Packed with unmissable features from the sport’s best writers, award-winning photography, columns from elite players, and cutting-edge design, it’s the best read in Rugby League – no question. Rugby League World is also the most popular monthly RL magazine outside Australia and it’s not hard to see why.
Here’s what’s inside issue 415
A whopping 35-page Baskerville Shield preview feature
– Meet the teams
– The series’ main talking points
– Who was Albert Baskerville and why do England and New Zealand play for a shield named after him?
– What happened the last time New Zealand toured Britain? We look back at the previous seven Kiwi tours over three decades
– Steve McNamara: An extensive interview with the England coach
– Roger Tuivasa-Sheck: How the Kiwi ace is rewriting the rules of fullback play and what England must do to contain him
– Columnist Ryan Hall pens his latest update direct from the England camp
– Gareth Widdop: England’s best half-back on his plans to take down the Kiwis
– The haka: What is it, how did it come to be, and what does it mean to the players?
– Secret Speccie: Our undercover agent returns after a three-year absence to run the rule over the three international venues and give you the best advice for smooth spectating
– Hull FC star Leon Pryce selects his Dream XIII compiled from team-mates
– Outgoing Wigan winger Joe Burgess reveals more about his life away from RL
– Relive the 2015 Grand Final with exclusive player reactions and observations
– In his latest RLW column, Eorl Crabtree answers your questions about the 2015 season
– Iestyn Harris: The former Salford coach tells us what really happened with the Red Devils in this exclusive interview
– The Pain Barrier: Are players being forced to carry serious injuries? We investigate
– Castleford captain Michael Shenton discusses the Tigers’ new stadium – Five Towns Park – in his latest column
– Were the Super 8s a success? RLW finds out with the help of coaches and players who took part
– Alex Walmsley: It’s been a roller coaster month for the St Helens prop and he reveals all in his latest column
– Random League: Nigel Wiskar’s sideways look at the game features the Grand Final streaker, Paul Anderson and a Dr Who monster, Kyle Eastmond, Shaun Wane, Jonathan Thurston, Ben Westwood and Chris Flannery. Plus, as always, his famous Rugby League eBay column
– Swinton coach John Duffy reveals the Lions’ secret to success after securing promotion to the Championship
– Low-rent heroes: Dave Hadfield highlights the best players to star in the second-tier
– The Write Stuff: Steve Mascord on the differences in Rugby League’s national media coverage in Australia and the UK
– Planet League: In this month’s global round-up, discover how Italy are getting on in their pursuit to be a top RL nation
– In his latest RLW column, Leigh Centurions half Ryan Brierley analyses Rugby League’s Super 8s structure and asks whether promotion or relegation is actually possible
– In this month’s Last Tackle with the peerless Dave Hadfield, we discuss the trouble at the Grand Final and the shadowy world of substitutes
ALL THIS AND MORE CAN BE FOUND IN ISSUE 415 OF RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE, AVAILABLE NOW IN NEWSAGENTS AND ONLINE AT TOTALRL.COM/RLW