The new Rugby League season is officially underway – and as we bring you all the reports and reaction from the opening round of the Championship season, there is a feast of RL content to get stuck into with this week’s edition of League Express.
We’ve got all the latest opinions, insight and news from the world of Rugby League: as well as all of this:
- Super League’s Roger Draper reveals to us how they are looking to bring in central contracts – but we’ve exclusive news about how some clubs are already upset about an interesting new revelation that’s already in place with the RFL – it’s a very interesting read indeed..
- Staying on the topic of Super League, we’ve a bumper 12-page preview profiling every club, the big questions as the season approaches and our dreaded predictions..!
- We recently broke the news of a legal battle between Tim Sheens and Salford – and there’s an exclusive update in this week’s paper about the latest on that situation.
- There’s also news concerning another potential legal battle involving a Super League player and one of his former employers.
- Huddersfield Giants captain Leroy Cudjoe speaks exclusively to us about his appointment as skipper of the club for 2017.
- And on Huddersfield, Giants winger Jermaine McGillvary speaks about his own personal form and what would constitute success for the club this season.
- Leeds captain Danny McGuire opens up in an exclusive interview – where he discusses potential retirement in the coming years..
- There’s reports and reaction from all six Championship games this weekend – including another significant off-field appointment for Bradford Bulls following defeat at Hull KR..
- Leigh Centurions captain Micky Higham speaks to us ahead of their return to the top-flight this weekend against Castleford.
- We have full coverage of the weekend’s NRL Nines action from Auckland.
- Our editor Martyn Sadler gives his views on the opening weekend of the Championship and he pays tribute to Hull KR President Colin Hutton, who died recently.
- Our Hall of Fame columnist Garry Schofield looks ahead to the opening round of Super League fixtures and gives his predictions.
- Our amateur correspondent Phil Hodgson looks ahead to the second round of the Ladbroke’s Challenge Cup, which will be played this Saturday.