It’s been another busy week in the world of rugby league – and this week’s League Express is your ultimate companion to kick-start your week! There’s been furore over ‘postponed’ games, plenty of drama on the field and lots more off it. Here’s what we’ve got for you this week:
- There’s more exclusive details about what happened behind the scenes concerning Wigan’s game with Widnes on Friday – which was cancelled by the Warriors without consultation with the RFL or the Vikings. It’s a must-read.
- Yet another chairman from a leading club delivers his assessment of the Super 8s – and it may well surprise you somewhat.
- There’s all the fallout from Toronto’s first-ever game – with reaction from both Brian Noble and Paul Rowley to their historic debut against Siddal – with a full-page report to boot!
- League 1 side Keighley Cougars have released a scathing statement to us concerning the ugly scenes during their game against Fryston which left one player hospitalised.
- Hull FC’s Jamie Shaul speaks to us about his first taste of international action when he joins up with the England Elite Performance Squad on Monday.
- There’s good news for St Helens concerning new signing Zeb Taia – but could an even bigger name be set to come through the doors at the Totally Wicked Stadium in 2018?
- Leigh Centurions half-back Ben Reynolds reveals how he won’t give up his place in the team without a fight.
- Castleford Tigers trialist Alex Foster reveals how he’s playing through the pain barrier to try and earn a contract with Daryl Powell’s side.
- Garry Schofield pays tribute to what he thinks was the best period of attacking play he’s ever seen this weekend.. find out from who in the paper.
- Martyn Sadler discusses Wigan’s postponement of their game against Widnes Vikings last week and suggests what might be an appropriate way to compensate the Vikings.
Plus there’s all the usual columnists, all the reports and reactions from the Super League, Championship and the Challenge Cup – you wouldn’t really want to start your week without it, would you?