It was glory for Hull FC and Danny Houghton on Monday night as the hooker became the first player in the club’s history to win the Man of Steel award.
However, the RFL’s decision to publish each and every players’ voting form made for interesting reading: and there were a few votes that certainly stuck out.
Houghton may have won by a distance, but there were some other interesting picks in there too; like these.
- Hull KR prop Dane Tilse, who was picked as the number one choice for Man of Steel by Hull FC youngster Ross Osborne.
- Catalans forward Dave Taylor voted for his former Gold Coast team-mate Beau Falloon as his number one pick – despite leaving Leeds mid-season!
- Catalans’ Gregory Mounis opted for a French flavour to his voting form, picking Theo Fages, Mickael Simon and Gadwin Springer as his three choices!
- Another interesting pick from the Hull camp was FC forward Josh Bowden, who went for Greg Burke as his number one choice for Man of Steel – the only nomination the Widnes forward got.
- Former Leeds team-mates Chris Clarkson and Stevie Ward must be close friends – they voted for each other!
Any we’ve missed? The full list is here: //www.rugby-league.com/man_of_steel_votes