Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Payne re-signs for 2013

Gateshead Thunder

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 THUNDERNEWS

THUNDERNEWS
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image
Gateshead Thunder are delighted to announce that Jason Payne has re-signed for the 2013 season.
Payne, who first signed for Thunder on loan from Castleford Tigers in 2007 and then signed permanently with the club in 2008, has since gone on to become captain in 2011 and 2012.
Head Coach Kevin Neighbour said of the signing:
"This is a real statement of intent that we have been able to keep Jason at Gateshead Thunder."
"There have been several clubs looking to sign Jason for 2013 but the fact that we have been able to retain his services for another year is a true mark of both him as a person and where he sees we can go next year."
"He's been an outstanding player for us over the past 3 season in what has been the toughest time in the clubs' history. His experience and leadership will be invaluable next season."
Payne said:
"I'm really happy to have re-signed with Thunder for next season."
"I've had a few conversations with both Kevin (Neighbour) and Keith (Christie) about next season and the players we have both signed and are close to signing."
"I obviously know what the club are doing behind the scenes to strengthen and develop and I still believe in what we as an organisation are doing."
"I'm looking forward to getting back into training and meeting up with both new and old players alike."
http://www.thunderru...cle.php?id=9572
GATESHEAD THUNDER
www.ThunderRugby.com

2011 The Co-operative Championships Community Programme of the Year
2009 Carnegie Challenge Cup Quarter Finalists
2008 The Co-operative National League 2 Champions

TWITTER - @ThunderRugby
EMAIL - info@ThunderRugby.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users