Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RAMS BREAK NEW GROUND WITH APPOINTMENT OF MEDIA TEAM

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Dewsbury Rams are delighted to announce the appointment of an exciting new media team in time for the start of the 2013 season.

Having recently taken on a role with RLWC2013, Tom Coates will step back from his previous position as media officer, though plans to remain on board in an unofficial consultancy capacity. In his place, the Rams have recruited a team of young, aspiring writers and broadcasters, who have been tasked with taking the club’s media output to the next level.

Tom Owens is a current contributor to HWD Hospital Radio, helping to produce and present several of the station’s shows.

“I am a keen broadcaster but I also love to write,” said Tom. “It’s simple. I get an idea, I write it down and I watch it grow. I find that simple is better because it’s usually the truth. We all like to read about sports stars and their abilities, but I like to read more about the person behind the talent. Hopefully that’s what I can deliver as a part of the Rams media team.”

Joining Tom on the new-look Rams media team is his HWD Hospital Radio colleague Rob Newby, who will produce audio interviews with members of the club’s coaching and playing staff.

"I’m a big fan of the Rams and I love covering the club with HWD,” said Rob. Getting more involved with the club as part of their media team is a great opportunity for me, and I really can’t wait to get started. I hope that my audio interviews will add an extra dimension to what the club has done previously.”

Another exciting addition to the Rams media team is Sports Journalism student Joe Whiteley. Joe has completed placements at numerous print publications, including League Express, and also has a keen interest in sports broadcasting, which he hopes to pursue upon graduation.

“I’m in my final year at UCLan and I’m looking to gain as much experience as possible,” said Joe. There are a lot of avenues I’d like to explore when I graduate, so opportunities like this are extremely valuable, and I can’t wait to get started.”

Completing the Rams media team is Tim Steere, who already has a wealth of media experience under his belt through his work with BBC Radio Leeds, where he broadcasts bulletins, interviews and commentaries. Tim has also worked with BBC Radio York, The Pulse, Yorkshire Radio, BCB Radio, the Telegraph & Argus and the Keighley News, while he has also made a valuable contribution to his own community by writing press releases for a local primary school.

“I’ve been very keen to seek out new and exciting opportunities within
sports media and the chance to work with a club like the Rams is something that really appealed to me,” said Tim. I’ve already worked with some well-known media outlets but I’m keen to challenge myself in new areas. The chance to contribute to the Rams media team was one I didn’t want to miss.”

Having initially taken on a media role with the club in June of last year, Tom Coates will liaise with the Rams media team around his work with RLWC2013.

“I’ve really enjoyed helping to develop the Rams’ media presence over the last six months,” said Tom. “With the help of people like Angela Burkinshaw, Glenn Morrison, Tony Scargill, James Stephenson - and not forgetting Roger Ram - the club has broken new ground off the field.

“I am delighted to be working as a part of the team tasked with delivering this Autumn’s World Cup, but I was keen to ensure that the club continues to take strides forward in its media operation. The club has once again broken new ground with this initiative and the team we have assembled is more than capable of building on the foundations in place.”

Rams Media

Edited by Honor James, 02 February 2013 - 11:08 AM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Dewsbury Rams are delighted to announce the appointment of an exciting new media team in time for the start of the 2013 season.

Having recently taken on a role with RLWC2013, Tom Coates will step back from his previous position as media officer, though plans to remain on board in an unofficial consultancy capacity. In his place, the Rams have recruited a team of young, aspiring writers and broadcasters, who have been tasked with taking the club’s media output to the next level.

Tom Owens is a current contributor to HWD Hospital Radio, helping to produce and present several of the station’s shows.

“I am a keen broadcaster but I also love to write,” said Tom. “It’s simple. I get an idea, I write it down and I watch it grow. I find that simple is better because it’s usually the truth. We all like to read about sports stars and their abilities, but I like to read more about the person behind the talent. Hopefully that’s what I can deliver as a part of the Rams media team.”

Joining Tom on the new-look Rams media team is his HWD Hospital Radio colleague Rob Newby, who will produce audio interviews with members of the club’s coaching and playing staff.

"I’m a big fan of the Rams and I love covering the club with HWD,” said Rob. Getting more involved with the club as part of their media team is a great opportunity for me, and I really can’t wait to get started. I hope that my audio interviews will add an extra dimension to what the club has done previously.”

Another exciting addition to the Rams media team is Sports Journalism student Joe Whiteley. Joe has completed placements at numerous print publications, including League Express, and also has a keen interest in sports broadcasting, which he hopes to pursue upon graduation.

“I’m in my final year at UCLan and I’m looking to gain as much experience as possible,” said Joe. There are a lot of avenues I’d like to explore when I graduate, so opportunities like this are extremely valuable, and I can’t wait to get started.”

Completing the Rams media team is Tim Steere, who already has a wealth of media experience under his belt through his work with BBC Radio Leeds, where he broadcasts bulletins, interviews and commentaries. Tim has also worked with BBC Radio York, The Pulse, Yorkshire Radio, BCB Radio, the Telegraph & Argus and the Keighley News, while he has also made a valuable contribution to his own community by writing press releases for a local primary school.

“I’ve been very keen to seek out new and exciting opportunities within
sports media and the chance to work with a club like the Rams is something that really appealed to me,” said Tim. I’ve already worked with some well-known media outlets but I’m keen to challenge myself in new areas. The chance to contribute to the Rams media team was one I didn’t want to miss.”

Having initially taken on a media role with the club in June of last year, Tom Coates will liaise with the Rams media team around his work with RLWC2013.

“I’ve really enjoyed helping to develop the Rams’ media presence over the last six months,” said Tom. “With the help of people like Angela Burkinshaw, Glenn Morrison, Tony Scargill, James Stephenson - and not forgetting Roger Ram - the club has broken new ground off the field.

“I am delighted to be working as a part of the team tasked with delivering this Autumn’s World Cup, but I was keen to ensure that the club continues to take strides forward in its media operation. The club has once again broken new ground with this initiative and the team we have assembled is more than capable of building on the foundations in place.”

Rams Media

They'e got their hands full having to bone up on all the dual registered Bulls squad as well as tgheir own players. :rolleyes: . Seriously though, Dewsbury seem to be a really oprogressive club with many new initiatives this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users