NEWS | Harris to learn from Horne

Dons News

Liam Harris is excited about the prospect of working under Richard Horne as he prepares for his first season in a Dons shirt.

Harris joined the club from Hull Kingston Rovers at the end of last season and believes learning from a head coach with vast Super League experience will improve him as a player.

“He’s someone I grew up watching and he played in a similar position to be so I’m hoping I can pick up things from him,” he said.

“Richard has got a good vision for the club and wants to take them places, we’ve signed some really good players and hopefully that can show.

“We’ve had some really positive meetings and discussed our goals for the season and I think we’re all confident of finishing high in the league.”

The 20-year-old half-back thinks being in a different environment can mature him as a person as well as a player.

“It’s a different environment for me as I’d been at Hull KR for a long time but all the lads here are easy to get along with and I’ve settled in well,” he added.

“I know a few of the lads from Hull so it’s been easy for me to find my feet, we’ve added some experience as well with the likes of Ryan Boyle coming in.

“Pre-season is all about making sure you’re ready for when the season starts, we all have different aims and things like that so I’m really enjoying it.”

There is still time to purchase your 2018 Dons season ticket and become part of Challenge 1000, you can buy from the Club Doncaster Box Office, on 01302 762576 or at tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk

View the full article

Archived