This week's issue of League Express.

In this week's copy of League Express there is a letter from me in which I refer to the issue of mental health and  how it can affect players  when they finish playing, referees when they finish refereeing and supporters as they grow old. My suggestion for them all is to consider writing a novel based generally on their own life and times, their family and family tree, employment, home town,  connections with and knowledge of rugby league.

Many people who I have suggested this to, have generally agreed with me that it seems a good idea but that they would not even know how to start on such a project. For the benefit of such people, I have also written three pages of advice. I think that I am in a position to offer such help as, since starting it as a hobby in 1988, I have now written nearly half a million words in six Ashurst based novels in a series that runs between 1962 and 2008.

If you would like me to send you these three sheets, contact me at wgeofflee@gmail.com and request  Geoff Lee's RL Writing Notes.

Some people might prefer to read a copy of one of my novels first or maybe give it as a Christmas present for someone who likes a good laugh. For them I would suggest my latest novel "Three Good Years" . To purchase a copy go to the web site of London League Publications at www.llpshop.co.uk , click on Books and then Fiction.

• Like 2

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".