Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Royce Simmons to coach Saints?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (DiH68 @ Jun 30 2010, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Royce really well - he's a great guy and a great coach, who I'm sure would do an excellent job.

Don't forget Penrith won the NRL only a year or so after Royce was sacked - he played a large part in bringing through the players who eventually won the premiership.
He's excellent with young players, who really look up to him, so I'm sure he'd do well at bringing through saints' youngsters.

He's been really keen to go back to England ever since leaving Hull.

If you want to know how committed a coach he is, remember he ran five marathons in five consecutive days when he was coach at Hull, to raise money for the club to sign Des Hasler. That's some achievement

I spoke to him just after he'd finished the fourth. I told him you had to admire his commitment. He said he didn't know about that but he needed his f***ing head testing biggrin.gif

I thought he did a great job when he was here, and the marathon effort was well worth it. Hasler was magnificent for us.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#22 Crusade

Crusade
  • Players
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (TheChief @ Jun 29 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think his reasoning is that hes spent 7 years as assistant to Sheens at Tigers and Australia national side since his penrith coaching days. The appointment wouldnt fill me with excitement to be honest, but I guess Maguire's "success" at Wigan has reignited the fashion for appointing assistant coaches from the NRL.

As for Fa'as, likely that hes still going to be in the UK, Harlequins RU is his likely destination. He may be pulling on the England RU jersey before we know it!
Faasavalu won't be allowed to play international rugby union for England.

#23 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Crusade @ Jul 1 2010, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Faasavalu won't be allowed to play international rugby union for England.

How so?

#24 Crusade

Crusade
  • Players
  • 242 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (getdownmonkeyman @ Jul 1 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How so?
He played for Samoa in the 2003 rugby union world cup.

#25 TheChief

TheChief
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Meninga hasnt ruled out the job. I dont know if this means now or at some point in future years...

http://www.dailytele...r-1225886880089
Follow me on twitter @MalcHankey

#26 dallymessenger

dallymessenger
  • Coach
  • 20,928 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

http://www.dailytele...r-1225886880089

meninga wants the st helens job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users