Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RAMS SIGN ITALIAN INTERNATIONAL

Rams media release

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Former York City Knights forward and current Italian international Dario Esposito has signed for Dewsbury Rams.

Esposito joined the Knights in July of this year and caught the eye with a series of impressive performances in the Championship.

The 24-year-old arrived on these shores having started his career in Australia's prestigious Queensland Cup, the competition below the NRL, where he played for the Souths Logan Magpies.

Dario, who becomes the 24th member of head coach Glenn Morrison's new-look squad and the 13th new signing, hails from Wellington in New Zealand but qualifies to play for Italy through his paternal grandfather.

He made a try-scoring debut for the Azzuri in a recent clash with Russia and has high hopes of making the squad for next year's World Cup.

But for now, Esposito says he can't wait to pull on the famous Red, Amber and Black of Dewsbury.

"I met with Glenn a while back and really liked what he had to say in terms of the structure he wants to bring to the club, and I felt it would suit me well," said Esposito.

"I’ve found the Championship to be a fairly physical competition with some strong squads throughout, and I think in 2013 it will be even stronger thanks to the Super League relationships. I hope I can bring some experience to the team. At 24, I'm in the middle of the squad in terms of age and I also hope that my time in the Queensland Cup will help me add some extra value. I can play up front and on the edge and believe that I will offer Glenn a little versatility in that respect."

Rams boss Morrison, meanwhile, says he is confident that his latest recruit will make a big impression at the Tetley's Stadium.

"Dario came to the UK last year and has backed himself to make the Super League," said Morrison. "He played for York in 2012 but knocked back their offer of a new contract because he wanted to play for Dewsbury. He is a skilful front or back rower with plenty of pace and a big enough engine to play plenty of minutes. He's a player who is very committed, and prepared to work hard to achieve his goals."

Meet Dario and the rest of the Rams squad at the Season Countdown evening on November 14.

Dewsbury Rams media

Edited by Honor James, 06 November 2012 - 01:49 PM.

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users