Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh Centurions - A Statement from the Chairman

Club news release

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

I am pleased to say that on going discussions are taking place with several interested individuals, all of whom wish to assist the club going forward.

I would anticipate that, by early next week, there will be further announcements concerning new appointments to help the club through this difficult trading period. The club finances have been enhanced by the kind donation from Derek and Andy Beaumont which alleviated the short term issue of players’ wages.

It is right to say that Paul and the players are totally committed to securing the future of the club and the last two performances clearly demonstrate their intent to do all they can for the cause. The next game, away at Featherstone in the Northern Rail Cup, will be a challenge that everyone believes, despite the uncertainty that currently exists, that Paul and the players will be able to overcome.

It would be a tremendous boost to the players, knowing that the fans believe the same, and I would ask that as many fans as possible should make the trip to the Bigfellas Stadium on Sunday 19th May.

I would also ask for local businesses to contact Business Manager Rob Parker, if they would be willing to sponsor a coach to boost the number of fans. If you are interested, please e-mail Rob on rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk 

The club have asked for tickets to be sent over to enable us to sell them from LSV and the Market stall and we will let everyone know when they have arrived.

May I finally take this opportunity to thank the people of Leigh and everyone involved with the club for their great loyalty and determination shown over the past few weeks.

Keith Freer
Chairman, Leigh Centurions

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users