League Express forms World Cup travel partnership

League Express forms World Cup travel partnership

THE publishers of Rugby League Express have entered into a partnership with the Rugby League travel company Glory Days with a view to running trips for readers to the next Rugby League World Cup, which will be held in Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea in the autumn of 2017. 

League Publications Chairman Martyn Sadler and Glory Days Managing Director David Hardy signed the deal last week, and they are determined to ensure that readers who take up their offer have the trip of a lifetime.

"I remember going on a trip to Australia in 1997 to watch the World Club Challenge of that year, and I saw then the advantages you can enjoy when you are part of a party of Rugby League enthusiasts," says Sadler.

"I'm convinced that England can go into the tournament with a great chance of success, and I'm certain that many supporters would want to be there to see it live.

"We've chosen to partner with Glory Days because they have an outstanding reputation in running sporting tours around the world, in particular to the Ashes Cricket & Cricket World Cup that were also held in Australia, and no company knows the hotels and travel arrangements in Australia better than they do.

"In addition to that, David Hardy is a former Rugby League player himself. He comes from Wakefield and played Rugby League for England and Great Britain Students whilst at University, and I know how much it will mean to him to ensure that everyone who travels with his company will have a wonderful experience."

This won't be the first time that Glory Days has dipped its toe in the Rugby League market.

"Glory Days have a long established link with Rugby League, having run packages to the Challenge Cup Final, the Magic Weekend, State of Origin and NRL Grand Final since 2001," said Hardy.

"We are delighted to be in partnership with League Publications and look forward to what promises to be a superb event as well as a memorable experience for all involved."

League Express is inviting its readers to register their interest in joining a mailing list to receive information updates at www.totalrl.com/worldcuptours

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Archived