Howden Happy To Be Back

Dons News

Stand-off Jordan Howden spoke to the official website after making his Dons comeback in Sunday’s victory against Barrow.

The close season signing from York City Knights made his competitive debut after missing the start of the campaign with a hip injury.

Howden was pleased to be back out on the field and delighted the Dons could get the win.

“It was a tough game to come back into with us going down to 12 men for the majority of the game and we had to kick on from it and work as a team to get the win.

“Game management is really important and as a half-back I’m confidence player and a sending off like that knocked that a bit.

“Being down the middle you can’t put on the plays you want and you just have to grind it out and we did that and managed to get the win.

“I’m pleased to be back, I don’t know about my body though, it is a bit sore and my lungs were filling up, but I got through it okay in the end.

“Everyone is really happy with the result, we did it for Connor Scott and we all rallied around him after the game.

“Things like that can happen in big games, you can lose your head but luckily we pulled through okay and got a really good win.

Howden was responsible for one of the most unbelievable tries to be seen in rugby league when his high bomb in the second half sent the Barrow defence in circles, bouncing from one side of the field to the other, with Jason Tali gathering to score Doncaster’s winning try.

Speaking about it he said: “Kicking is a key part of my position, as a full-back if a bomb comes up to you, you have to go for it and if you don’t things like that can happen, it can bounce anywhere.

“Anything that the team does and gets the win out of delights me and scoring from the kick was great for us as a team.

“Confidence is high with everyone in the camp, we just have to kick on now and take it into the next game.

“Hunslet away is always a tough fixture and we have already seen that from earlier in the season in the Challenge Cup, but hopefully we can go again like we did on Sunday.”

View the full article

Archived