Jones-Bishop Joy Representing Jamaica

Dons News

<p>Dons star Aaron Jones-Bishop is enjoying life on the international stage representing Jamaica.</p>

<p>Jones-Bishop scored in last Sunday’s impressive 68-16 victory against Ireland last Sunday and is back in action again on Friday night.</p>

<p>Jamaica face Wales for the first time in their history at Belle Vue, the home of Wakefield Trinity Wildcats and is expecting a great spectacle.</p>

<p>“It has been great so far, there are a few lads I have played with before moving to Doncaster and it has been really good,” he said.</p>

<p>“We are expecting a very tough game, Wales have a few Super League and experienced players, so it will be completely different to last weekend.</p>

<p>“For me it is unbelievable, this time three years ago I was playing amateur, so it is a dream come true for me.</p>

<p>“All I ever wanted to do is play rugby league and it doesn’t get better than playing at international level.</p>

<p>“Friday is going to be a really good night, it is not just the game, there is carnival dancing at half time, food on and everybody should come down and get involved.”</p>

<p>With no other rugby league international fixture taking place in Yorkshire this weekend, Wales head coach John Kear also believes it is a great chance for people to catch some top class rugby league.</p>

<p>"I’m sure the people of Yorkshire will support the match,” he said. "People in the area are very knowledgeable about their rugby league.</p>

<p>"You have the Four Nations but, at this time of the year, there aren’t many venues in Yorkshire being used, so it’s an opportunity for people to come and watch some international rugby league.”</p>

<p>On facing Jamaica, Kear said: “I think it’s very intriguing really; Jamaica are trying to establish themselves internationally and, for us, it’s a chance for us to take a look at those who didn’t play against Serbia.</p>

<p>“I expected them to do well in Ireland as they have a lot of Championship and League 1 players, but I was quite surprised by the side that Ireland played.</p>

<p>“Every game provides a different challenge and I have no doubt that Jamaica will be the same.”</p>

<p>Tickets are priced at £10 for adults and concessions and £5 for children. They can be bought online <span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong><a href="https://wildcats.mysportstickets.co.uk"target="_blank">HERE</a></strong></span>.</p>

View the full article

Archived