Rochdale defeat

wayne_r

I understand that Wigan recalled their DR's late in the week - so clearly that must have had a negative effect - but that apart the ref didn't do our cause any favours, so I personally being the pessimist am now sadly convinced we will be relegated at the end of the season. The team let Rochdale in for simple tries, then again left themselves having to chase the game. While Barlow is a great team player and motivator - if he cannot control his temper he is more of liability than an asset. Prior to sending Barlow off allegedly for verbal abuse of the touch judge - he just waved away  the Rochdale # 14 ( I think) that kicked the ball in the direction of the very same touch judge and also hurled abuse at him, so when refs are so inconsistent it only inflames the crowd. At one point in the  first half he made Hankinson reposition the ball for the kick off as it wasn't exactly on the halfway line, yet near the end of the match after Rochdale dropped their goal, at the kick off, the ball was also not on the halfway line - the ref did not make Hankinson reposition the ball...………..

Oh well maybe next week it will change and would nice to beat Sheffield...……..

Archived