PREVIEW | Martin looking forward to play-off

Dons News

Charlie Martin says the Dons squad are looking forward to this weekend’s play-off semi-final against Workington Town this weekend.

Richard Horne’s side have home advantage against the Cumbrian side, and Martin reckons they must keep a level head if they are to win the game.

He said: “Everyone is pretty excited about things, we’ve got a chance to put a marker down and the club is a good place to be.

“It’s about keeping a level head, if we stay as a unit like we have done for the past 10 games then we can beat anyone. 

“It’s important to control your aggression while sticking to the gameplay, we’ll be in a good place if we execute our game plan.”

The back-rower played his 100th career game in the recent win against North Wales Crusaders, and wants to use that experience to help guide the Dons to the Betfred League One play-off final.

He added: “I didn’t think I would get to the 100th game this season as I’ve had a few injuries, but it was nice to reach that achievement.

“It’s something you look back on more when you finish playing, I’ve been around for a bit now so I want to keep enjoying my rugby. 

“It’s the biggest game I’ve been involved in while I’ve been at the club, it’s a great opportunity to get into a final.”

Tickets for the Betfred League One play-off semi-final against Workington Town are available from the Club Doncaster Box Office, on 01302 762576 or at tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk.

View the full article

Archived