Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Eagles Stock

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 symmonator

symmonator
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:16 PM

There are new Hats, Scarves and Eagles Flags in the United Super store. Thought it might be a good idea if we all try buy a flag for our 2 TV games coming up in the next 2 weeks.
Flags are 5 Pounds
Hats are 7 Pounds
Scarves are 8 Pounds.
Shirts and other stock still havent arrived yet due to the supplier keeps stuffing up the orders. Lets hope they are all discounted when they finally get here.

#2 DicountBarber

DicountBarber
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

Instead of all buying flags, we should try and fill the stand. 979 on a Saturday afternoon is poor. what are the club doing in terms of promoting and trying to increase the clubs profile? Not a lot by the look of things. You never hear anything on hallam fm or bbc sheffield about the club and there is nothing in any of the local papers. The players are doing the business on the pitch, its time the club start doing some business off it.

#3 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (DicountBarber @ May 15 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead of all buying flags, we should try and fill the stand. 979 on a Saturday afternoon is poor. what are the club doing in terms of promoting and trying to increase the clubs profile? Not a lot by the look of things. You never hear anything on hallam fm or bbc sheffield about the club and there is nothing in any of the local papers. The players are doing the business on the pitch, its time the club start doing some business off it.

I think that there were a few extenuating circumstances today. We came from Filey this morning to see the match and, with it being a fine sunny day there was a lot of traffic from West and South Yorkshire heading eastwards, there was a minor soccer match on at the cabbage patch - ooops I mean Wembley- and I doubt if Toulouse brought many fans with them.

You are right though in that an attendance of 979 is not good. I don't know about the local radio staions (never listen to them) but Jim Collins writes regularly about the Eagles in both The Star and Sheffield Telegraph.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

#4 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Grey Beard @ May 15 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that there were a few extenuating circumstances today. We came from Filey this morning to see the match and, with it being a fine sunny day there was a lot of traffic from West and South Yorkshire heading eastwards, there was a minor soccer match on at the cabbage patch - ooops I mean Wembley- and I doubt if Toulouse brought many fans with them.

You are right though in that an attendance of 979 is not good. I don't know about the local radio staions (never listen to them) but Jim Collins writes regularly about the Eagles in both The Star and Sheffield Telegraph.

It's an absolute disgrace that we were playing on a Saturday afternoon, there is no designated day any more when RL is played.....Fans have well ordered lives where they work, play and live in regulated order. Changing times and days of the week when games are played obviously leads to absentee fans, match attendance is very difficult to be programmed into ordinary everyday activities........Our next two games for example are on a Thursday night, kick off 7.30pm, if you have regular activities arranged for this day and time you will miss the match........

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#5 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ May 16 2010, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's an absolute disgrace that we were playing on a Saturday afternoon, there is no designated day any more when RL is played.....Fans have well ordered lives where they work, play and live in regulated order. Changing times and days of the week when games are played obviously leads to absentee fans, match attendance is very difficult to be programmed into ordinary everyday activities........Our next two games for example are on a Thursday night, kick off 7.30pm, if you have regular activities arranged for this day and time you will miss the match........

Both TV games unusal for them to fall one after the other like this.
But while were on I missed saturday (misses birthday - I know would have been a treat for her but.... anyway was at the Batley match - what's with the man with the mike - we really don't care about the playoffs (football that is ) particularly Liecester and Cardiff!!! and isn't it time a run on tune was sorted current one is so quiet you'd think they were entering a library instead of field of Battle - what about the Boys are back in town - thin lizzy???? anything but louder please. - No club email news before the Toulouse match and no tubs on Eagles TV for weeks - come on lads get it together!!!

#6 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

In my opinion of someone working pitchside one of the biggest problems is the man on the mike is totally bloody useless. When his son was doing the PA from pitchside we were slowly getting things sorted, working as a team, but Gary Sinclair hasn't an clue. He was useless in his short stint at DVS a few years ago. He was asked to say who the sponsors were for the scorers, HE DIDN'T, he announces things without writing anything down and gets subs incorrect due to this, his gang in the PA room sit and watch football whilst the game is on, no-one has a clue about rugby league, apart from his son, Adam, who was learning well and enjoying the experience, they have the speakers too loud and dont think criticism is directed at them, think it is ok to announce things when Mitch or anyone is about to attempt a conversion.
They are so far up their own ....

They normally communicate by mobile as things happen so slowly in football that when there are two three of four interchanges, and Jim and I have had to buy our own walkie-talkies as united don't have any, he insists on announcing stuff before it has been fully transmitted.

For a mob who are supposed to know what they are doing they are very poor.

They have their own agenda re music and what is needed is the club (through either the directors or supporters club or someone) to tell them (sorry recommend to them) what to play and to stop advertising football.... that season is OVER and the Sheffield United mob (pa group or whatever) are working for SHEFFIELD EAGLES RUGBY LEAGUE and grass roots local rugby league.

BRING BACK MR MASTERMIX, Richard Lee..... he showed a passion for getting the crowd involved and knew what was going on.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#7 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (Eagleraider @ May 18 2010, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion of someone working pitchside one of the biggest problems is the man on the mike is totally bloody useless. When his son was doing the PA from pitchside we were slowly getting things sorted, working as a team, but Gary Sinclair hasn't an clue. He was useless in his short stint at DVS a few years ago. He was asked to say who the sponsors were for the scorers, HE DIDN'T, he announces things without writing anything down and gets subs incorrect due to this, his gang in the PA room sit and watch football whilst the game is on, no-one has a clue about rugby league, apart from his son, Adam, who was learning well and enjoying the experience, they have the speakers too loud and dont think criticism is directed at them, think it is ok to announce things when Mitch or anyone is about to attempt a conversion.
They are so far up their own ....

They normally communicate by mobile as things happen so slowly in football that when there are two three of four interchanges, and Jim and I have had to buy our own walkie-talkies as united don't have any, he insists on announcing stuff before it has been fully transmitted.

For a mob who are supposed to know what they are doing they are very poor.

They have their own agenda re music and what is needed is the club (through either the directors or supporters club or someone) to tell them (sorry recommend to them) what to play and to stop advertising football.... that season is OVER and the Sheffield United mob (pa group or whatever) are working for SHEFFIELD EAGLES RUGBY LEAGUE and grass roots local rugby league.

BRING BACK MR MASTERMIX, Richard Lee..... he showed a passion for getting the crowd involved and knew what was going on.

Couldn't agree more - especially when they are telling you who is taking the conversion (we actually know who it is) whilst the kicker is preparing to take the kick. Would they do that if a Sheffield United player was preparing to take a penalty kick?

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

#8 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 06:44 PM

So how do we get the message home - Brendon please read and do something!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users