INTRERNATIONAL REPRSESENTATION

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,125 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

what should be done about rugby league legend dally messenger?
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#82 JWAD

JWAD
  • Coach
  • 14,332 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (T Dub @ Jul 29 2010, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That wasnt my point. The characters I saw lining up clearly had no heritage from the nations they were representing. I could have defined two of them by skin colour but (lest anyone get touchy and accusative) preferred to do so by name

That has nothing to do with it. If they choose to become citizens of another country and then represent that country, there is no problem whatsoever.
If they choose to represent another country having represented one already then it contestable.
Eoin Morgan opting for England is fine with me.
What undermines this however in my view is the rules allowing him to do so after playing international cricket for Ireland already. I don't see how a cricketing nation like England which has the largest professional setup in the world should be allowed to pilfer players already qualified for a country. Dirk Nannes is the same. He's an Aussie who played for Netherlands then played for Australia.
I don't know the Israeli athlete but if he hasn't represented Ukraine then there should be no problem. Israel's Galicianer population soared in the early 90s when Jews were finally able to leave countries previously under the boot of the USSR.

#83 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (l'angelo mysterioso @ Jul 31 2010, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the fact that you perpetuate this 'non country' nosense shoqws how much you understand

your first sentence informs the quality of your rhetoric excellently.

Caused some heat under your collar did it?

Look you stated that you did not go in for this 'countries nonsense', or words to that effect, so please do not carry on making out that I have made up what you first claimed.
That is the reason I have put it back to you, maybe you ought to check the posts you have made on this thread before making yourself seem sillier that you appear to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users