RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

preview ffor friday(sunday)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

you would wonder who writes the rubbish on the CC website - this is their review this week

"Friday 10th September 2010 Raiders wait on Rooney Barrow Raiders star Jamie Rooney (ankle) is rated as having only a 50/50 chance of playing in Sunday's crucial play-off clash with Sheffield Eagles. And Raiders' problems are intensified by the news that Andy Bracek and Liam Harrison are also struggling to be passed fit. Bracek suffered a knee injury during last week's win over Widnes, while Harrison picked up an ankle knock. Barrow chairman Des Johnston told the North West Evening Mail: "Jamie is looking better than the other two, but he is 50/50, whereas Bracek and Harrison are very, very doubtful. "They have all been in the hyperbaric chambers for treatment and have been having physio. It's Rooney's kicking ankle as well." Sheffield have their own injury problems, with Misi Taulapapa ruled out for the rest of the season after breaking his ankle during last week's win at Leigh. Richie Barnett (foot) is also struggling for fitness, so Eagles coach Mark Aston has drafted in 18-year-old academy player Corey Hanson. Despite the disruptions, Aston remains in confident mood. He said: "We've run into form in recent weeks and have won six of the last seven away games, so we're not worried. "Barrow have won in the league so we owe them one. We have the hard task of going away in every round but this is play-off rugby." "

#2 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

I only believe the team sheet when it goes up at 6.30.

And even then, there can be changes. As at Fev last month.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#3 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,584 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

So we win at Leigh without Misi Taulapapa and Richie Barnett playing but, "Sheffield have their own injury problems"... They are no different to the injury problems that we had at Leigh and what a result we had there.
I'd be Natterjacking if I was a Barrow supporter............The result could be Bufo calamita!!!!!!
Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#4 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Eagletarian @ Sep 10 2010, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we win at Leigh without Misi Taulapapa and Richie Barnett playing but, "Sheffield have their own injury problems"... They are no different to the injury problems that we had at Leigh and what a result we had there.
I'd be Natterjacking if I was a Barrow supporter............The result could be Bufo calamita!!!!!!

To be fair, if you have top players out then you do have injury problems. The article doesn't say you've no chance of winning because of it but just balances the fact that both teams have players missing.

#5 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:43 AM

To be honest, it just looks to me like they have to fill the preview with something and Tubby didn't give them much.

I know it mentions Corey, but I doubt he'll play. He's a great prospect, but Mark will probably stick with Trevor Exton in the centres. He's not got many other options.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Sep 10 2010, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be fair, if you have top players out then you do have injury problems. The article doesn't say you've no chance of winning because of it but just balances the fact that both teams have players missing.

Dual contracts did Leigh no favours last week. Now - there is a truly flawed system.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (West Country Eagle @ Sep 10 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know it mentions Corey, but I doubt he'll play. He's a great prospect, but Mark will probably stick with Trevor Exton in the centres. He's not got many other options.

Joe Hirst ? wink.gif

#8 Phil Stone

Phil Stone
  • Coach
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Griff @ Sep 11 2010, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dual contracts did Leigh no favours last week. Now - there is a truly flawed system.

Griff, I posted a topic about duel reg players on the Fev forum about a month ago weighing up the pros and cons and the conclusion I came up with is the same as yours.
DP has stated that next season he isn't interested in taking any player on the duel reg system.

#9 Eagleraider

Eagleraider
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:22 AM

QUOTE (Griff @ Sep 11 2010, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Joe Hirst ? wink.gif

Joe is a quality player who loves Sheffield and the team/family spirit here. He has come on in leaps and bounds and I hope he is still with us next season and more. He is developing like Hepworth did and look how good Ryan is now.

Semper In Facaebus Summus Sole Profundum Veriat

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (Phil Stone @ Sep 11 2010, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Griff, I posted a topic about duel reg players on the Fev forum about a month ago weighing up the pros and cons and the conclusion I came up with is the same as yours.
DP has stated that next season he isn't interested in taking any player on the duel reg system.

It does the Championship club no favours at all, Phil. I thought it was ###### the moment I heard about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users