Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky have downgraded the Grand Final this year

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 humpy

humpy
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (yanto @ Oct 2 2010, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Watch the difference between the presentation of the Super league GF and the NRL GF.
Enough said.
Down under wins by a country mile.

Very true, Just watched nearly over 8 hrs of footage, starting with Sunday Roast, Sunday Footy Show, NSW Cup Final, Toyota Cup Final and NRL GF. All on Channel 9, not on pay tv. I love living here and one of the reasons is the love of rugby league. I went to the supermarket on the gold coast this morning and some cashiers and staff were wearing there teams shirts. People are talking about it at work. It's fantastic. On a downside the pre match entertainment was s.hite. Jessica Mauboy miming and some guy ripping off Rolling Stones. Apart from that 1st class viewing

#22 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (humpy @ Oct 3 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very true, Just watched nearly over 8 hrs of footage, starting with Sunday Roast, Sunday Footy Show, NSW Cup Final, Toyota Cup Final and NRL GF. All on Channel 9, not on pay tv. I love living here and one of the reasons is the love of rugby league. I went to the supermarket on the gold coast this morning and some cashiers and staff were wearing there teams shirts. People are talking about it at work. It's fantastic. On a downside the pre match entertainment was s.hite. Jessica Mauboy miming and some guy ripping off Rolling Stones. Apart from that 1st class viewing

In the UK we didn't get all that for the NRL Grand Final, we only got the match, and honestly, it was worse than the Super League coverage. Constantly yappiong on about accidental offside and whatnot.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,074 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Sky Sports News are showing the victory parade in Wigan. Dunno when it starts but they need something to fill air time with more rain in Wales.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Oct 3 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the UK we didn't get all that for the NRL Grand Final, we only got the match,

Quite honestly, that's all I was interested in so works for me.

Last new RL ground (81): Covert Lane, Aylestone - Leicester v Sheffield Hallam 28/6/14

#25 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,748 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Just a quick FYI regarding Sky Sports 2 being a "downgrade". Since this football season began, on Saturdays all of Sky's Premier League content from Soccer AM to Football First and all matches etc inbetween have been on SS2. Sky have noticably been shifting content around since then rather than just putting all their "good stuff" (in their eyes, not ours) on SS1.
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#26 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

Just on the NRL GF, I know some people criticise Sky for showing too many replays, but I often feel Channel 9 don't show enough. The first St George try came after a Dragons player went into touch, but it wasn't picked up by the TJ. The replay confirming this wasn't shown until long after the Video Ref had awarded the try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users