Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dixon set for Knights debut

Broncos media release

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

London Broncos winger Kieran Dixon is set to cap off a remarkable first season in Super League when he makes his debut for England Knights on Saturday.

The Knights take on Ireland in the opening game of the Alitalia European Cup in Belfast on Saturday (ko 6pm).

Dixon, 20, was promoted to the Broncos senior squad for the 2012 season having been scouted by the development team when playing for Hemel Stags. He made his Super League debut in the first game of the season against St Helens and went on to make 27 appearances in 2012. He scooped the Player of the Season and Gwen Warren Young Player of the Season awards and was joint Top Try Scorer alongside Luke Dorn with 16 touchdowns.

“After my first year in Super League I didn’t expect to get a call up to England Knights, It was a surprise,” said Kieran.

“Training has gone really well so far,. I’ve gone from playing against other Super League players and I’m now training with them. They’ve sorted me out with places to stay when I’ve been up north, it's real good. I’m really looking forward to the game, I can’t wait to play. I think we’ll do fairly well and should come away with the win.”

And Kieran isn't the only Broncos' player in the squad. His old Hemel buddy Dan Sarginson received a surprise call up to the squad last week as a result of injuries. “It’s been real good having Dan training for the last few training sessions," added Kieran.

The winger has high hopes for the 2013 season and has his eye on a full England cap. “Hopefully I can have an equally good, or better season next year and fingers crossed I can make the full England squad. "

England Knights begin their Alitalia European Cup campaign against Ireland at Belfast’s Deramore Park this Saturday before taking on Scotland at the Meggetland Stadium, Edinburgh, on Sunday October 28 (ko 2pm).

Media and PR
London Broncos Rugby League

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Thoroughly deserved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users