A Mothers' Day present maybe

Geoff Lee

March 30th is Mothers' Day and if anyone is looking for a suitable present or maybe just an interesting book to read themselves then my fifth novel "Two Seasons" might be worth considering. It is set against a strong rugby league background that also includes work, family life, old friends and a lot of Lancashire/Yorkshire humour.

Some of the chapter titles might give an idea of the novel's contents. They include

The Good Yorkshireman, Listening to Eddie and Stevo, A Tale From Knowsley Road, A Day Out In Wigan, A Day on the M62, Martindale's Chip Shop, "Will you be our Auntie Thelma", The Sermon on the Mount Pleasant,  E-Mails From Amsterdam and "The Spoilt Papers Might Win It".

As the author I will be in the WH Smith store in York this Saturday (March 22nd) from 11 onwards signing copies and looking forwards to meeting any York fans. I'll also have with me the book "Heading For The Line" which is a fans' guide to the grounds of all the professional, semi professional and National Conference League clubs.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

Archived