The real problem at the Mount

Gary Coyle

You could be right, Sammut might make all of the difference in the world, however in the games we have thrown away or lost by tight margins this season, we have needed a general to calm things down and wind the clock down. From what I've seen of Sammut, which I must admit isn't lots, he has struck me as a flair player doing something off the cuff but not a cool headed organiser that we need imo. Especially coupled with the fact he doesn't seem to want to come.

In our situation, if he showed any willingness to sign I'd snap his hand off (literally), stick a pen between his lifeless fingers and sign the contract for him. He'd improve us even with only one mitt.

Don't forget, we're fighting a desperate relegation battle, and to see a rival benefit from his talents would be painful.

I agree that we need an organiser, but we also desperately need some attacking flair and creativity. Although we're scoring points, the vast majority of our tries are coming from barge-overs close to the line. What I'd give to see a half-back dummy through the line and set the three quarters in motion.

Here's hoping that we've been back in touch with the bloke.

r02c.gif

Archived