Jack Walton Exits

Dons News

<p>We can announce Jack Walton has left the club to join fellow Kingstone Press League 1 side Hunslet Hawks.</p>

<p>The 21 year-old who joined the club from Wakefield Trinity Wildcats back in January 2015, scored two tries on his debut in the 40-12 Challenge Cup defeat at North Wales Crusaders in March of that year.</p>

<p>After finding game time limited Walton spent time on loan at Oxford, before returning to the Keepmoat Stadium to feature in our final four games of the Championship.</p>

<p>In total Walton made 26 appearances during his time in South Yorkshire and scored just one further try in the Challenge Cup victory over West Hull back in February.</p>

<p>Speaking about the move chief executive Carl Hall said: "Over the past couple of weeks myself and Gary Thornton have decided which players we are trying to keep and which players we should ultimately let go.</p>

<p>"It was decided that Jack would not be offered a new contract here at Doncaster, allowing him to pursue other options.</p>

<p>"I'd like to thank Jack for his contribution over the past two seasons and I hope his move to Hunslet goes well."</p>

<p>Everyone at the club would like to thank Jack for his efforts and we wish him the best of luck in the future.</p>

View the full article

Archived