Jordan Howden Extends Stay

Dons News

<p>We can today announce that Jordan Howden will remain at the club until at least the end of the 2017 season.</p>

<p>Howden, who joined the Dons from Super League side Castleford Tigers ahead of the 2016 season has signed a new one year contract.</p>

<p>The 20 year-old came through the ranks at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle where he worked with Doncaster head coach Gary Thornton.</p>

<p>He spent time on loan with York City Knights in 2015, before being re-united with the Dons head coach at the Keepmoat Stadium.</p>

<p>The stand-off shone during his first season in South Yorkshire, making 16 appearances and scoring five tries.</p>

<p>He missed a chunk of the season with a hip injury, but has become a fans favourite at the Keepmoat with his fantastic kicking game.</p>

<p>Speaking about the new deal Howden said: "I'm really pleased with my new contract and that I'm going to be staying at Doncaster next season.</p>

<p>"A massive factor in signing was the group we have here, I really enjoyed last season and wanted to stay, the Keepmoat Stadium is a great place to play and the fans are great too.</p>

<p>"Another big influence was Gary Thornton, having worked with him previously, I feel I learn a lot from him and he can get the best out of me.</p>

<p>"We were all disappointed with the end to last season, but that is in the past now and we are confident we can go one step further in 2017.</p>

<p>"The squad is really coming together nicely now, signing the likes of Iafeta Paleaaesina really shows the clubs ambition and there are still more to come.</p>

<p>"Pre-season is just around the corner now, we will be back training in November and I can't wait to get going again."</p>

<p>Season tickets for 2017 are now on sale! For more details <a href="http://www.doncasterrugbyleague.co.uk/article/50900/-season-ticket-prices-announced"target="_blank"><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><strong>CLICK HERE</strong></span></a>!</p>

View the full article

Archived