REACTION | Horne pleased with win

Dons News

Richard Horne felt the Dons did well to grind out their third Betfred League One victory in a row against Newcastle Thunder.

Horne's side came from four points down to win the game 22-20 at Kingston Park, and he praised the team's winning mentality.

He said: "We didn't play well at all and I think the best team on the day lost, they hit harder than us but we found a way to win and I can't fault their effort.

"I think a lot of teams are struggling to break and us down and credit goes to our defence for that, but we need to be smarter when we have the ball.

"We didn't have any good spells of possession throughout the game and have done well to come away with a result, I'm sure they will be kicking themselves."

Horne believes the win against Newcastle could prove to be key, given the way the game went for most of the afternoon in the North East.

He added: "These are the sort of games when you look back at the end of the season and see how crucial it was, it showed last year when we fell just short of the play-off places.

"You look back at the close games when it's gone one way or the other, rugby league is a strange game and we put enough points on when we were on top.

"There is a good winning mentality now within the dressing room and we know that we can score points when we get in good positions, the problem in the game was we had limited sets in good areas."

The Dons return to the Keepmoat Stadium on Good Friday to take on York City Knights in Betfred League One. You can buy tickets from the Club Doncaster Box Office, on 01302 762576 or at tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk

It should also be noted that cash gates will not be in operation for the York City Knights game and therefore fans are urged to purchase their tickets in advance to avoid long queues at the Box Office on matchday.

View the full article

Archived