NEWS | Hall delighted with bid success

Dons News

Carl Hall has expressed his delight after Club Doncaster was successful in its bid to bring the 2021 Rugby League World Cup to Doncaster.

Three games will be hosted in South Yorkshire, and the Dons chief executive says everyone involved in the bid campaign deserve credit.

He said: “We’ve worked tirelessly on the bid campaign, so to bring three games to Doncaster is great for everyone involved.

“We didn’t just sit and hope we’d be successful, we really went for it and learnt a lot from not getting a game in 2013.

“It’s probably the best thing I’ve done for the club, I said when we won promotion that I couldn’t top it but this feels like a game-changer for the sport.”

With more work set to start on preparing for the competition to come around, Hall believes Doncaster as a town will really buy into it.

He added: “It’s the same when any sport has a big sporting event and it’s local to us, everyone wants to start playing that sport.

“The goal is to grow the sport and get young people playing rugby league, and this gives us a great opportunity to do that.”

View the full article

Archived