REACTION | Hedges: We showed great spirit

Dons News

Jordie Hedges believes the Dons can take great belief from their opening day victory over Newcastle Thunder in Betfred League One.

Richard Horne’s side won 32-26 at Kingston Park, and Hedges says the squad gave everything throughout the 80 minutes.

He said: “It was a massive win, we came here as underdogs so to come here and turn them over is a good achievement for us.

“We spoke about the wind affecting things and how we could use it to our benefit, we started early in the second-half and got some quick tries.

“We weren’t great in the first half but we came in at half-time and spoke about a few things that we could change tactically.”

Hedges filled in in several positions during the game at Kingston Park, and says he his happy to play anywhere as long as it benefits the team.

He added: “It says a lot about the team that we had that spirit when we were down on numbers, we were out there to fight for each other.

“We were down to 11 men at the end and the boys dug in, it all goes back to the army camp where we bonded really well.

“I’ve said before that I’ll play wherever I’m needed and I managed to get over the line while filling in at left side back row so I’m happy with that.”

The Dons return to the Keepmoat Stadium to take on Hunslet this weekend. You can purchase tickets now from tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk.

View the full article

Archived