v Doncaster (H)

Raider83

I think Doncaster will be disappointed with how their season has started with some of the signings they have made. It’ll no doubt click for them at some point, hopefully not this week!

• Like 1

Got plenty of positives to build on from the previous two games. Hopefully we can control the game for longer periods this weekend, just need to keep that focus.

These are coming off loses to featherstone and Wakefield, two games they probably didn't expect to be winning, so I'd expect them to be throwing themselves into this game with confidence that this is where their season starts. 

• Like 1

We need to turn up in the 2nd half this week which we haven't against Haven (in the league game), Widnes, Oldham in the CC and last week against Dewsbury 

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Think this is going to be far harder than some people think ,Donny packed with ex SL players, got a massive pack with the likes of matagi,lovodua,pauli pauli,tyla hepi

Running threats in likes of Luke briscoe,Craig hall,Reece Lynne ,josh guzdek ,and got a very under rated halfback in Connor Robinson ,Watson boas is still a threat even though he must be about 70 now 😂

Very dangerous game as most are in this crazy league but think if can control their pack it'll be another home win 

Edited by ghost of uncle fester
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Masters 13 said:

21 man select team mentioned on fb has Forber but Kavan Rothwell? 

I wonder if he's been recalled? 

FB_IMG_1713529826015.jpg

It is a possibility that Rothwell has been recalled. Louis Brogan is also missing from Swinton's 21 man squad. It could be that Ben Nakubuwai's days at Leigh are numbered and Lam wants to have a look at the young forwards. At least I hope so.

That said, there's also the possibility that they've both picked up injuries. Probably calf tears with them being Leigh players!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phiggins said:

It is a possibility that Rothwell has been recalled. Louis Brogan is also missing from Swinton's 21 man squad. It could be that Ben Nakubuwai's days at Leigh are numbered and Lam wants to have a look at the young forwards. At least I hope so.

That said, there's also the possibility that they've both picked up injuries. Probably calf tears with them being Leigh players!

He's injured. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tee Ritson in Swinton squad for Sunday. His face doesn't seem to fit at Saints, no idea why? Lots of Saints fans are fuming as their wingers lack speed. But the lad is now getting some game time, hope he shines (just not against us...).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Tee Ritson in Swinton squad for Sunday. His face doesn't seem to fit at Saints, no idea why? Lots of Saints fans are fuming as their wingers lack speed. But the lad is now getting some game time, hope he shines (just not against us...).

Knew he’d end up playing there sooner or later this season. What a waste 

• Like 1

Heard a rumour a bit ago that saints hadn't kept up to their end of the deal for him and Barrow were supposed to be getting a player on loan from them depending on if he was in the 1st team, as it happens he's been playing in the first team. 

Feel sorry for Tee, not been given a chance at all

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Tee and Barrow totally shafted by Saints

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Sorry but people need to get over tee,theirs no conspiracy,no shafting,as in many many cases a SL club has cherry picked out the championship,paid a fairly hefty fee, I don't get the xfiles syndrome people have,he's a saints player,their DR with Swinton , and I'm going to be controversial maybe here but even if he came back theirs no guarantee he'd score shed loads as for me alot of his success was massively helped by having miloudi inside him ,who's of course at London,stop babbling about it and back those in the wing jerseys,all about the now,not the then 👌

• Like 9

On 20/04/2024 at 00:30, ghost of uncle fester said:

Sorry but people need to get over tee,theirs no conspiracy,no shafting,as in many many cases a SL club has cherry picked out the championship,paid a fairly hefty fee, I don't get the xfiles syndrome people have,he's a saints player,their DR with Swinton , and I'm going to be controversial maybe here but even if he came back theirs no guarantee he'd score shed loads as for me alot of his success was massively helped by having miloudi inside him ,who's of course at London,stop babbling about it and back those in the wing jerseys,all about the now,not the then 👌

Totally agree👍🏻

• Like 2

We were great v Dewsbury last week in the 1st half, pathetic in the 2nd half and we came close to losing. 

Barrow Soccer did exactly the same yesterday at DONCASTER, Up 0 -2 at the half, lost 4 - 2, allowing 3 goals in last 10 minutes, a huge blown to their play-off chances.

So here's hoping the Rugby stick it to DONCASTER today as a pay-back for yesterday.

Rugby/Soccer games last for 80/90 minutes, so don't slacken off and sit back if you're winning.

Keep pushing for the entire game, even if you're ahead, otherwise you could lose. 

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1

Horrendous performance from us think there was only Forber and Gillam that can come out of that with their heads held high. The touch judge on the popular side kept turning and grinning at the fans when things went against us, coincidentally the same one that caused issues with Barrow at Widnes. I understand that officiating is a tough job but I'm getting sick of games being ruined by officials when we pay good money to watch rugby.

• Like 1

Shocking display. Playing League 1 quality rugby in preparation for next season. Lethargic and slow from the get-go, no ideas how to score, Swiss-cheese defence. It's hard to see which teams we will beat this season, especially away. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Horrendous performance from us think there was only Forber and Gillam that can come out of that with their heads held high. The touch judge on the popular side kept turning and grinning at the fans when things went against us, coincidentally the same one that caused issues with Barrow at Widnes. I understand that officiating is a tough job but I'm getting sick of games being ruined by officials when we pay good money to watch rugby.

The RFL needs to pick up on that touch judge as it isn't great. I've got no problem getting decisions wrong, but he actively provokes people which is unprofessional. 

Regardless of the touch judge we got battered today. Our forwards tackling was horrendous apart from Josh Woods. They kept us in the game with poor completion first half but second half they completed and dominated us. 

As we were losing in the middle we started forcing poor passes which led to the score line getting blown out of proportion. 

I thought Doncaster were a lot better than I expected and are surprised at their first few results with the quality they have, but we were poor in many areas of the game. 

• Like 1