REACTION | Cox enjoying life with the Dons

Dons News

Jordan Cox was pleased to get on the field for the Dons in the Challenge Cup victory over Coventry Bears.

The back-rower scored on his first appearance to the club, and says the team did enough to get the win.

He said: “I’m happy to score on my debut, I know I can improve on a lot of things but it’s my first game in almost three months.

“Rich has kept the team largely the same over the past few weeks so I’ve had to be patient, but we’ve been doing well so I can’t complain.

“We’ve got a good bunch of lads here, I knew Ryan Boyle and Richie Owen before coming here so it’s been easy to settle in.”

Cox has been impressed with the quality within the Dons squad, and is keen to play as regularly as possible for his new club.

He added: “I want to keep working hard and take on board the instructions from the coach, and then see where that takes me. 

“The lads got the win and then had the weekend to themselves and that is a big thing, we sacrifice a lot so it’s good to have some free time.

“I fell out of love with the game for a while but I’m back now, and I want to get some more game time under my belt.”

View the full article

Archived