NIXON & KILLAN RE-SIGN FOR 2024

HornyHornyHorneeet

NIXON & KILLAN RE-SIGN FOR 2024

5375.jpg

Dan Nixon & Ben Killan have both signed a contract extension, until the end of the 2024 season

Rochdale Hornets are delighted to announce the double re-signing of local & fan favourites, Dan Nixon and Ben Killan for the 2024 season.

Dan, crowned as Supporters Player of the Year last night, commented; 

"I’m proud to be resigning with Rochdale for the 2024 season. The fan support and loyalty is unrivalled. This season has been a big learning curve for both myself and the team and I’m confident we will be a force to be reckoned with next season. I’m hungry for the challenge and eager to improve on my personal performance. A huge thank you to Andy and Gary for their support and guidance. Let’s get the promotion and have a big year!"

Ben also commented on his re-signing;

"I’m really happy to re sign with Rochdale, last year was quite a frustrating year all round. I’d like to thank Andy and Gary for giving me the chance to sign again and next year I think we will fighting at the top end of the table, where we belong. I personally just want to get back to my best game and get as many minutes as possible.

Coach, Gary Thornton spoke on the re-signings;

"Dan has had a slightly disrupted season with some niggly injures but he’s played through them and had another good season. He’s a very popular member of our group and is developing into a quality winger or centre at league 1 level. His enthusiasm in training and in games is infectious,  and he will only get better the more experience he gets. I’m really pleased he’s signed for next year I expect to see him develop further next year."

"Ben is still very young for a front rower and has just completed his second season at league 1 level. It was a tough season for our young forwards, but I thought Ben stood up well and has the potential to develop further the more experience he gains.  He’s tough in defence and carries well, and he has the desire and determination to be successful. I’m really pleased he’s on board for next season. We are building a strong pack with some experience that will help him develop further"

Player sponsorship is available for all players at £300+VAT for Supporter Sponsor, and £500+VAT for Corporate Sponsor. Contact the club for more information.