Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

If you have a vote for the new Labour Party Leader....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Here is a candidate you should consider.......Andy Burnham.......He's a big sports fan: an avid supporter of Leigh Centurions Rugby League Club - where he once was the honorary chairman for a short period of time.

Edited by Eagletarian, 11 June 2010 - 12:00 AM.

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#2 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:41 AM

Has he actually been nominated?
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

#3 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:22 PM

I think you might find he has. This is a message I received from the General Secretary of the Labour Party........The nominations for the Leadership Election have now closed and I wanted to let you know personally that Diane Abbott, Ed Balls, Andy Burnham, David Miliband and Ed Miliband have been nominated. The next few months will be an exciting time for Labour Party members as we decide who our next Leader will be.

Posted Image

#4 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:50 PM

Thank you for that but as I am not a member I won't be able to vote.

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

I am!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#6 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

All I will say is that the party that I vote for has just made a pact with the devil and I am seriously thinking of not voting for them again.

#7 wings beneath my feet

wings beneath my feet
  • Coach
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Grey Beard @ Jun 12 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I will say is that the party that I vote for has just made a pact with the devil and I am seriously thinking of not voting for them again.

Don't worry we have been con-demed to a two party state now - (well I mean only two BIG parties) so you wont be able to vote tory any more laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#8 Grey Beard

Grey Beard
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (wings beneath my feet @ Jun 13 2010, 01:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry we have been con-demed to a two party state now - (well I mean only two BIG parties) so you wont be able to vote tory any more laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

For what it's worth, I have never voted Tory and haven't voted Labour since 1980. I am considering voting Green in future. Although what this has to do with RL I am not sure lol

#9 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,591 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

Here is a candidate you should consider.......Andy Burnham.......He's a big sports fan: an avid supporter of Leigh Centurions Rugby League Club - where he once was the honorary chairman for a short period of time.

It begs the question as follows......I'm not advocating support for Andy Burnham......I'm more inclined to vote for Eddy the Eagle.......Who can you name from the Condem MP's who are RL supporters.....I'm struggling...help me out......Thing about the funding lose to the game....It may not be obvious to you immediately....But I know differently.....Just you wait and see......

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users